A method of evaluating the three-dimensional damage effect of strong electromagnetic pulse on the box based on the triangular-element FDTD method
- 48 Downloads
Based on the FDTD/TDPO hybrid theory, a fast FDTD mesh modeling method by triangulation is established. Near scattering field calculated by the FDTD method is calculated to the surface triangular facets of the target by using the Kirchhoff surface method. FDTD way is used to simulate and compute the power density and energy in the key positions of the computer box; some laws are also concluded through the research. The power density coupled in the box can form the oscillations. The time coupled from the start to the maximum for energy is approximately equal to the pulse width. And then the far field scattering field is approximated by the TDPO method. The node, power supply, CD-ROM and mainboard of the computer can be disturbed and even damaged by the strong electromagnetic pulse, especially the electronic components and chips of the mainboard and power. The coupled energy is concentrated nearby the motherboard, power supply, CD-ROM and hard disk, etc. Especially for the cutting-edge places, greater interference and damage can be generated. A simple method of research on the damage efficiency is introduced in this paper. Results provides theoretical basis for the reasonable arrangement of the components, so as to improve the shielding effectiveness.
KeywordsFDTD Simulation Strong electromagnetic pulse Computer box Couplings Shielding effectiveness
The study was supported by “Shanghai Aerospace Science and Technology Innovation Funds, China (Fund No. SAST2015103)”.And supported by“National Natural Science Funds Project (Fund No. 11502118)”.
- 1.Jia, C., Liu, H.: Killing ability of EMPW. Fire Control Command Control. 31:53–55 (2006) (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Xu, H., Zhang, J.: Theoretical calculation of destructive effect of high power microwave bomb. Electron. Inform. Warf. Technol. 2, 45–48 (2007) (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Shengtao, Z., Yinjun, Z.: Research on damage of electromagnetic pulse bomb to radar through “front door’’ couple. Aerosp. Electron. Warface. 23, 18–20 (2007) (In Chinese).Google Scholar
- 5.Liao, C., Yang, D.: Numerical analysis for EMP having different polarization direction. J. Microw. 23, 28–31, 2007 (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang, M.: The research on electromagnetic pulse coupling into hole tacking of shield chassis and damage efficiency. Thesis, Nanjing University of Science and Technology (2009) (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Chen, W., Zhang, H., Wang, J.: Research on coupling effect of electromagnetic pulse and computer box. J. Eng. Design Eng. Design 24, 015 (2007) (In chinese)Google Scholar
- 10.Chen, X., Zhang, J., Hu, Y.: Simulation of electromagnetic pulse coupling with computer box. J. Syst. Simul. 16, 2786–2788 (2004) (In chinese)Google Scholar
- 11.Zhang, Z., Wu, D., Ruan, C.: Research on the different edges of the electromagnetic pulse to the cavity-coupling. Mach. Electron. 2, 007 (2009) (In chinese)Google Scholar