Adaptive immune genetic algorithm for weapon system portfolio optimization in military big data environment
- 329 Downloads
Military applications are producing massive amounts of data due to the use of multiple types of sensors on the battlefield. The aim of this paper is to investigate the weapon system portfolio problem with the valuable knowledge extracted from these sensor data. The objective of weapon system portfolio optimization is to determine the appropriate assignment of various weapon units, which maximizes the expected damage of all hostile targets, while satisfying a set of constraints. This paper presents a mixed integer non-linear optimization model for the weapon system portfolio problem. In order to solve this model, an adaptive immune genetic algorithm using crossover and mutation probabilities that are automatically tuned in each generation is proposed. A ground-based air defensive scenario is introduced to illustrate the feasibility and efficiency of our proposed algorithm. In addition, several large-scale instances that are produced by a test-case generator are also considered to demonstrate the scalability of the algorithm. Comparative experiments have shown that our algorithm outperforms its competitors in terms of convergence speed and solution quality, and it is competent for solving weapon system portfolio problems under different scales.
KeywordsWeapon system portfolio problem Integer non-linear optimization model Adaptive immune genetic algorithm (AIGA) Test-case generator
The authors are grateful to the reviewers and the editor for their constructive comments and suggestions which are very helpful in improving the quality of the paper. This research is financially supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant Nos. 61074108 & 61374185.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflicts of interest
The author declares that there is no conflict of interests regarding the publication of this paper.
- 1.James, M., Michael, C., Brad, B., et al.: Big data: the next frontier for innovation, competition, and productivity. McKinsey Global Institute (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.McAfee, A., Brynjolfsson, E.: Big data: the management revolution. Harv. Bus. Rev. 90(10), 61–67 (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Song, X., Wu, Y., Ma, Y., Cui, Y., Gong, G.: Military simulation big data: background, state of the art, and challenges. Math. Probl. Eng., pp., 1–20 (2015). Article ID: 298356. doi: 10.1155/2015/298356
- 5.Wu, W., Guo, S., He, X., Hu, X.: Research on temporal network of combat SoS coordination based on big data. J. Command Control. 1(2), 150–159 (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.McGregor, C., Bonnis, B., Stanfield, B., Stanfield, M.: A method for real-time stimulation and response monitoring using big data and its application to tactical training. In: IEEE 28th International Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems, pp. 169–170 (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Akhgar, B., Saathoff, G.B., Arabnia, H.R., Hill, R., et al.: Application of Big Data for National Security. Elsevier Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Kulshrestha, S.: Big data in military information & intelligence. IndraStra Global. doi: 10.6084/m9.figshare.2066640, 2(1), 1–9 (2016)
- 13.Ministry of National Defence of The People’s Republic of China. http://www.mod.gov.cn
- 24.Wang, S., Chen, W., Gu, X.: Solving weapon-target assignment problems based on self-adaptive differential evolution algorithm. Syst. Eng. Electron. 35(10), 2115–2120 (2013)Google Scholar
- 25.Feng, G., Yan, M., Tong, F.: A hybrid quantum-based step tuning algorithm for weapon target assignment problem. Tactical Missile Technol. 6, 58–61 (2013)Google Scholar
- 26.Fan, C., Xing, Q., Zheng, M., Wang, Z.: Weapon-target allocation optimization algorithm based on IDPSO. Syst. Eng. Electron. 37(2), 336–342 (2015)Google Scholar
- 27.Yan, J., Li, X., Liu, L., Zhang, F.: Weapon-target assignment based on Memetic optimization algorithm in beyond-visual-rang cooperative air combat. J. Beijing Univ. Aeronaut. Astronaut. 40(10), 1424–1429 (2014)Google Scholar
- 30.Xu, Z., Mei, L., Hu, C., Liu, Y.: The big data analytics and applications of the surveillance system using video structured description technology. Clust. Comput. (2016). doi: 10.1007/s10586-016-0581-x
- 32.Gu, J.J., Zhao, J., Yan, J., Chen, X.: Cooperative weapon-target assignment based on multi-objective discrete particle swarm optimization-gravitational search algorithm in air combat. J. Beijing Univ. Aeronaut. Astronaut. 41(2), 252–258 (2015)Google Scholar
- 34.Ni, M.F., Yu, Z.K., Ma, F., Wu, X.R.: A lagrange relaxation method for solving weapon-target assignment problem. Math. Probl. Eng., pp. 1–10 (2011). Article ID: 873292, doi: 10.1155/2011/873292
- 36.Liao, G.C.: Integrated isolation niche and immune genetic algorithm for solving bid-based dynamic economic dispatch. Electr. Power Energy Syst. 42, 264–275 (2012)Google Scholar