Crystalline thorium selenite monohydrate: Synthesis and thermodynamic research of dehydration process
- 33 Downloads
The crystal monohydrate of thorium selenite Th(SeO3)2 H2O was obtained by the Th(IV) precipitation selenious acid from water solution. The yield of the mentioned compound in regard to Th (IV) was up to 100%. The identity of the compound was proved by the methods of X-Ray phase analysis and derivatography. The process of synthesized thorium selenite monohydrate dehydration was studied by the vapour pressure method. The values of enthalpy and entropy of the dehydration process are ΔH T /0 =92.9±2.1 kJ.mol−1 and ΔS T /0 =187.9±3.8 J.mol−1, respectively. On the basis of the value of dehydration enthalpy and calculated standard enthalpy of anhydrous thorium selenite formation Δ f H 0 (Th(SeO3)2 (cr); 298 K), the value Δ f H 0 (Th(SeO3)2H2O (cr); 298 K) was obtained which was found to be −2082.4±8 kJ.mol−1.
KeywordsThorium Selenite SeO3 Dehydration Process ThO2
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. W. Mellor: In: A Comprehensive Treatise of Inorganic and Theoretical Chemistry 10 (1948) 833.Google Scholar
- The Actinide Elements. Edited by G. T. Seaborg and J. J. Katz: New York, 1954.Google Scholar
- G. S. Deshmukh and L. K. Swamy: Analyt. Chem. 12 (1951) 218.Google Scholar
- V. P. Nesterenko: Synthesis of the Selenite of Thorium. Copyright Certificate N 582647 (1977).Google Scholar
- A. V. Souvorov: Thermodynamic, Chemistry of the Gaseous States, Khimiya, Leningrad, 1970.Google Scholar
- N. A. Svidunovitch, V. P. Glybin, and L. K. Svirko: Interaction of Components in Alloys, Metallurgia, Moscow, 1989.Google Scholar
- G. B. Naumov, B. N. Ryzhenko, and I. L. Chodakovski: Reference Book of the Thermodynamic Values, Atomizdat, Moscow, 1979.Google Scholar
- R. Y. Melnikova: PhD. Thesis. Institute of Phisyco-Organic Chemistry, Minsk, 1974.Google Scholar
- S. S. Bakeeva: PhD, Thesis, Moscow State University, Moscow, 1971.Google Scholar