Measurement of excitation function for 63Cu(n, p) 63Ni reaction up to En=15 MeV
- 22 Downloads
The excitation function for the 63Cu(n, p) 63Ni reaction were measured using neutrons produced by the T(p, n) reaction at En=∼1.5 MeV, D(d, n) at En=∼6.5 MeV and T(d, n) at En=∼14 MeV, respectively. Irradiations were performed using the dynamitron accelerator at the Fast Neutron Laboratory of Tohoku University. After irradiation, the nickel was separated by anion-exchange and solvent extraction. The 63Ni was measured by liquid scintillation method. The cross sections obtained were compared with the calculated values of JENDL-3.
KeywordsExcitation Function Atomic Bomb Neutron Fluence Copper Target Nickel Foil
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. Shibata et al.: INS Annual Report (1993) 101.Google Scholar
- US-Japan Joint Reassessment of Atomic Bomb Radiation Dosimetry in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Final Report, Radiation Effects Research Foundation, Hiroshima, Vols. 1 and 2, ed. W. C. Roesh (1987).Google Scholar
- C. Tsabaris et al.: Proc. Int. Conf. on Nucl. Data for Sci. Tech. (1994) 282.Google Scholar
- K. Shibata et al.: Japanese Evaluated Nucl. Data Library, Version-3, (JENDL-3), JAERI 1319 (1990).Google Scholar
- V. McLane et al.: Neutron Cross Sections,” Vol. 2, Academic Press (1988).Google Scholar