Structure analysis of thin iron-silicide film from φ-scan RHEED Patterson function
The atomic structure of thin iron silicide film, grown epitaxially on the Si(111) surface, has been analyzed by means of the three-dimensional RHEED Patterson function analysis. The iron-silicide-terminated surface with (2 × 2) periodicity has been prepared by a solid-phase epitaxy method. 2 ML of Fe were deposited on the Si(111)-(7 × 7) surface and annealed at 500°C. Three-dimensional Patterson function was calculated from series of φ-scanned RHEED intensity distributions converted to the k-space. The resulting model of γ-FeSi2 structure consists of two silicide layers faulted to each other with three relaxed Si adatoms above the H3 site.
Key wordsPatterson function RHEED iron silicide structure analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. Sirringhaus, N. Onda, E. Müller-Gubler, P. Muller, R. Stalder, and H. von Känel: Phys. Rev. B 47 (1993) 10567.Google Scholar
- H. von Känel, K.A. Mäder, E. Müller, N. Onda, and H. Sirringhaus: Phys. Rev. B 45 (1992) 13807.Google Scholar
- Celia Rogero, Jose-Andel Martin-Gago, and Pedro L. de Andres: Phys. Rev. B 67 (2003) 073402.Google Scholar
- M.A. Van Hove, W.H. Weinberg, and C.-M. Chan: Low-Energy Electron Diffraction, Springer-Verlag, Berlin-Heidelberg, 1986.Google Scholar
- H. Wu and S.Y. Tong: Phys. Rev. Lett. 87 (2001) 036101.Google Scholar
- T. Abukawa, T. Yamazaki, K. Yajima, and S. Kono: in Book of Abstracts of 22nd European Conference on Surface Science (ECOSS-22), Prague, September 7–12, 2003, (Eds. V. Cháb, F. Máca, K. Prince, and K. Wandelt), 2003, p. 64.Google Scholar
- S. Walter, R. Bandorf, W. Weiss, K. Heinz, U. Starke, M. Strass, M. Bockstedte, and O. Pankratov: Phys. Rev. B 67 (2003) 085413.Google Scholar
- A. Wawro, S. Suto, R. Czajka, and A. Kasuya: Phys. Rev. B 67 (2003) 195401.Google Scholar
- S. Hajjar, G. Garreau, S. Pelletier, D. Bolmont, and C. Pirri: Phys. Rev. B 68 (2003) 033302.Google Scholar
- M. Krause, F. Blobner, L. Hammer, K. Heinz, and U. Starke: Phys. Rev. B 68 (2003) 125306.Google Scholar
- O. Romanyuk, K. Kataoka, F. Matsui, K. Hattori, and H. Daimon: in Meeting Abstracts of the 59th Annual Meeting of the Physical Society of Japan, March 27–30, Fukuoka, Japan, 59 1 part 4 (2004) 894.Google Scholar
- H. Wu, S. Xu, S. Ma, W.P. Lau, M.H. Xie, and S.Y. Tong: Phys. Rev. Lett. 89 (2002) 216101.Google Scholar