Molecular dynamics study of the sputtering of Al cluster by Ar and Kr atoms
- 23 Downloads
The numerical studies of the dynamics of the crystaline lattice formed by atoms requires the detailed knowledge of the forces between these atoms. In our contribution we concentrate on molecular dynamics study of sputtering of Al cluster in the form of the cube (i.e. eight Al atoms). The sputtering is due to impact of Ar and Kr atoms of energy 550 eV. We compare the use of the potential between atoms either of Molière type or the embedded atom potential which has been proposed recently. For the choice of both potential the spectra of sputtered particles were calulated and the comparison was made.
Key wordsmolecular dynamics sputtering of atoms interatomic potential
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P. Sigmund: Rev. Roum. Phys. 17 (1970) 823.Google Scholar
- K.B. Winterbon, P. Sigmund, and J.B. Sanders: Danske Videnskab Selskab. 37 (1970) 14.Google Scholar
- Y.H. Ohtsuki: Charged Beam Interaction with Solids, Taylor and Francis, London, 1983.Google Scholar
- G. Molière: Z. Naturf. A 2 (1947) 283.Google Scholar
- O.B. Firsov: Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 32 (1957) 1464.Google Scholar
- M.H. Shapiro and T.A. Tombrello: Nucl. Instr. Meth. B 84 (1994) 453.Google Scholar
- T.A. Tombrello and V. Fine: Nucl. Instr. Meth. B. 44 (1989) 43.Google Scholar
- Landolt-Bernstein: Numerical Data, New Series, Group III, Vol. L8, Springer, 1984.Google Scholar
- E. Clementi and C. Roetti: At. Data Nucl. Data Tables 14 (1974) 177.Google Scholar
- R. Behrish and K. Wittmaack: Sputtering by Particle Bombardement, Vol. III, Springer, 1991.Google Scholar