Performance of and possibilities at the Jyväskylä ion guide isotope separator on-line facility
At the Jyväskylä IGISOL facility, different ion guide designs are used for different types of reactions. The performance of these ion guides is summarized. The limitations for performing nuclear decay studies and collinear laser spectroscopy due to the large beam energy spread and the presence of isobars will be removed after the installation of an ion beam cooler to reduce the energy spread and a longitudinal penning trap for performing isobaric mass separation. These new developments will bring the capabilities of the IGISOL facility to a new level.
KeywordsCollinear Laser Spectroscopy IGISOL Facility Beam Energy Spread Coulomb Barrier Energy Radiofrequency Quadrupole
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Billowes et al., these Proceedings Google Scholar
- J. Ärje et al., Proceedings of the ECRIS99 Workshop, May 3–6, 1999, Geneva, SwitzerlandGoogle Scholar
- P. Dendooven et al., Nuclear Fission and Fission-Product Spectroscopy: Second International Workshop, 22 Apr-25 Apr, 1998, Seyssins, France, AIP Conference Proceedings 447, ed. G. Fioni, H. Faust, S. Oberstedt and F.-J. Hambsch (The American Institute of Physics, Woodbury, New York, 1998) p. 135–142Google Scholar
- J. R. Persson et al., JYFL Annual Report 1995, Department of Physics, University of Jyväskylä, p. 31Google Scholar
- P. Dendooven et al., JYFL Annual Report 1995, Department of Physics, University of Jyväskylä, p. 18Google Scholar
- P. Dendooven et al., JYFL Annual Report 1997, Department of Physics, University of Jyväskylä, p. 12Google Scholar
- A. Jokinen et al., Exotic Nuclei and Atomic Masses ENAM 98, 23 Jun–27 Jun, 1998, Bellaire, Michigan, USA, AIP Conference Proceedings 455, Ed. B. M. Sherril, D. J. Morrissey and C. N. Davids (American Institute of Physics Woodbury, New York, 1998) p. 981–984Google Scholar
- A. Nieminen et al., Proceedings of the First Euroconference on Atomic Physics at Accelerators (APAC 99): Laser Spectroscopy and Applications, September 19–24, 1999, Mainz and Budenheim, Germany (to be published)Google Scholar
- P. Dendooven et al., Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop on Laser Spectroscopy on Beams of Radioactive Nuclei, May 24–27, 1999, Poznan, Poland (to be published)Google Scholar