Properties of porous cast charges based on mixtures of ammonium nitrate and carbamide
- 44 Downloads
The explosive and physicochemical properties of porous mixtures based on ammonium nitrate, carbamide, and aluminum powder are considered. A melting curve for the ammonium nitrate/carbamide system is plotted using differential scanning calorimetry. The critical detonation diameter is obtained for a charge density of 0.6–0.7 g/cm3. The dependence of the charge density on the degree of filling of the mold with the melt is determined. Detonation velocity is measured for various densities. An explanation of the difference between the experimental and calculated values is proposed.
Key wordseutectic mixture ammonium nitrate carbamide vacuum formation detonation velocity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. N. Kondrikov, G. D. Kozak, and A. V. Starshinov, “Critical conditions of low and high velocity regimes in liquid nitrocompounds,” in: APPer Summaries 11th Int. Detonation Symposium, Snowmass (1998), pp. 231–234.Google Scholar
- 3.V. M. Olevskii (ed.), Production of Ammonium Nitrate in High-Output Aggregates [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 4.A. I. Sumin, V. N. Gamezo, B. N. Kondrikov, V. M. Raikova, “Shock and detonation general kinetics and thermodynamics in reactive systems computer package,” in: Trans. of the 11th Int. Detonation Symp., Ampersand (2000), pp. 30–35.Google Scholar
- 6.G. D. Kozak, V. M. Raikova, and E. I. Aleshkina, Critical Conditions of Propagation and Photorecording of Detonation Processes [in Russian], Mendeleev Russian Chem.-Technol. Univ., Moscow (2005).Google Scholar
- 8.E. A. Likholatov, “Calculation of the kinetic characteristics of chemical transformation of organic liquids in a detonation wave,” Candidate Dissertation in Tech. Sci., Moscow (2004).Google Scholar
- 9.V. E. Annikov, B. N. Kondrikov, N. I. Akinin, and G. D. Kozak, Properties and Safety of Water-Filled Explosive Systems [in Russian], Mendeleev Russian Chem.-Technol. Univ., Moscow (2006).Google Scholar
- 10.V. E. Annikov, B. N. Kondrikov, N. I. Akinin, and G. D. Kozak, “Detonation aluminum-containing water-filled explosives,” in: Issues of the Theory of Explosives, Proc. Mendeleev Moscow Chemical-Technological Institute, No. 83 (1974), pp. 79–88.Google Scholar