Solid-state detonation velocity limits
- 50 Downloads
The ranges of solid-state detonation velocities are estimated, based on the volume velocity of sound in the reacting mixture (lower limit) and the wave velocity corresponding to the pressure of polymorphic transformation of the product with formation of a more dense phase (upper limit). The latter values are consistent with gas-dynamic estimates of detonation velocities and correlate with detonation velocities of typical high explosives.
Key wordssolid-state detonation shock adiabats of mixtures
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Yu. A. Gordopolov, V. S. Trofimov, and A. G. Merzhanov, “Possibility of gasless detonation of condensed systems,” Dokl. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Fiz., 341, No. 3, 327–329 (1995).Google Scholar
- 3.D. L. Guriev, Y. A. Gordopolov, S. S. Batsanov, et al., “Solid-state detonation in the zinc-sulfur system,” Appl. Phys. Lett., 88, 024102 (2006).Google Scholar
- 4.S. S. Batsanov, Effects of Explosions on Materials, Springer-Verlag, New York (1994).Google Scholar
- 5.S. S. Batsanov, “Changes in the nature of chemical bonding during compression of crystals,” Zh. Str. Khim., 46, No. 2, 314–322 (2005).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Yu. Dolgoborodov, I. M. Voskoboinikov, M. F. Gogulya, and I. K. Tolstov, “Decay of shock waves in mixtures of magnesium and aluminum with oxides,” in: Proc. Vth All-Union Workshop on Detonation, Krasnoyarsk, August 5–12 (1991), pp. 140–144.Google Scholar
- 7.C. Narayana, V. J. Nesamony, and A. L. Ruo., “Phase transformation of BeS and equation-of state studies to 96 GPa,” Phys. Rev., B56, No. 22, 14338–14343 (1997).Google Scholar
- 8.T. Mashimo, “Shock-induced phase transition and EOS of some topical compounds,” New Diamond Front. Carbon Technol., 13, No. 3, 143–152 (2003).Google Scholar
- 9.S. S. Batsanov, Structural Chemistry. Facts and Dependences [in Russian], Dialog-MGU, Moscow (2000).Google Scholar
- 12.Y. He, J. F. Liu, W. Chen, et al., “High-pressure behavior of SnO2 nanocrystals,” Phys. Rev., B72, No. 21, 212102 (2005).Google Scholar