Effect of Temperature on the Growth Rate of Pre-Explosion Luminescence in Silver Azide
- 30 Downloads
The effect of temperature on the growth rate of pre-explosion luminescence in AgN3 crystals is examined. It is found in experiments that the reaction rate of the explosive decomposition at 300 K is higher than at 80 K. It can be inferred from here that the limiting stage for the chain reaction is electron capture on a neutral center (divacancy). The data obtained agree well, both qualitatively and quantitatively, with the previously reported model of initiation in heavy metal azides, thus providing support to the divacancy model.
Key wordssilver azide temperature limiting stage capture cross-section divacancy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. P. Aduev, E. D. Aluker, G. M. Belokurov, and A. G. Krechetov, “Pre-explosion conductance in silver azide,” Pis’ma Zh. Exp. Teor. Fiz., 62, No.3, 203–204 (1995).Google Scholar
- 2.B. P. Aduev, E. D. Aluker, Yu. A. Zakharov, et al., “Explosion luminescence of silver azide,” Pis’ma Zh. Exp. Teor. Fiz., 66, No.2, 101–103 (1997).Google Scholar
- 3.B. P. Aduev, E. D. Aluker, G. M. Belokurov, et al., “Explosive decomposition of heavy metal azides,” Zh. Exp. Teor. Fiz., 116, No.5(11), 1676–1693 (1999).Google Scholar
- 4.B. P. Aduev, E. D. Aluker, and A. G. Krechetov, “Divacancy model of heavy metal azide initiation,” Combust., Explos., Shock Waves, 40, No.2, 209–213 (2004).Google Scholar
- 5.B. P. Aduev, E. D. Aluker, and A. G. Krechetov, “Predetonation phenomena in heavy metal azides,” in: New Trends in Research of Energetic Materials, Proc. of the VI Seminar, Pardubice, Czech Republic (2003), p. 30–35.Google Scholar
- 6.A. M. Stoneham, Theory of Defects in Solids, Vol. 2, Clarendon Press, Oxford (1975).Google Scholar
- 7.V. V. Antonov-Romanovskii, Kinetics of Photoluminescence in Phosphorus Crystals [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 8.K. V. Shalimova, Physics of Semiconductors [in Russian], Energiya, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 9.A. G. Zakharov, E. D. Aluker, B. P. Aduev, G. M. Belokurov, and Yu. A. Krechetov, Pre-Explosion Phenomena in Heavy Metal Azides [in Russian], Khimmash, Moscow (2002).Google Scholar