Synthesis of Co/Al2O3 Catalysts and Their Application in Heptane Steam Reforming
- 84 Downloads
Synthesis of multi-component cobalt based catalysts with different metal precursors and thermal treatment was performed. A special emphasis was put on promotion with ceria. Catalysts, which were synthesized from thermally pre-activated CoCO3·mCo(OH)2·nH2O as a precursor and thereafter underwent reduction in flowing hydrogen, have a clear tendency for decomposition of mixed aluminum–cobalt containing complexes, inevitably formed during thermal treatment. The catalysts were tested in steam reforming of hydrocarbons. The size of metal particles in reduced catalysts was determined by TEM and related to catalytic activity.
KeywordsCobalt catalysts Catalyst preparation Heptane steam reforming
Research work is performed within a grant of the Government of the Russian Federation for the state support of the scientific researchers conducted under the leadership of the leading scientists.
- 5.Fauteux-Lefebvre C, Abatzoglou N, Braidy N, Achouri IE (2011) Diesel steam reforming with a nickel-alumina spinel catalyst for solid oxide fuel cell application. J Power Sources 196:7673–7680Google Scholar
- 7.Murzin DY (2017) Chemical reaction technology. De Gryuter, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- 11.Jacobs G, Ji Y, Davis BH, Cronauer D, Kropf AJ, Marshall CL (2007) Fischer-Tropsch synthesis: temperature programmed EXAFS/XANES investigation of the influence of support type, cobalt loading, and noble metal promoter addition to the reduction behavior of cobalt oxide particles. Appl Catal A 333:177–191CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Senecal P, Jacques SDM, Di Michael M, Kimber SAJ, Vamvakeros A, Odarchenko Y, Lezcano-Gonzalez I, Paterson J, Ferguson E, Beale AM (2017) Real-time scattering-contrast imaging of a supported cobalt-based catalyst body during activation and Fischer-Tropsch synthesis revealing spatial dependence of particle size and phase on catalytic properties. ACS Catal 7:2284–2293CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 22.Bao A, Li J, Zhang Y (2010) Effect of barium on reducibility and activity for cobalt-based Fischer-Tropsch synthesis catalysts. J Energy Chem 19:622–627Google Scholar
- 29.Rozita Y, Brydson R, Scott AJ (2010) An investigation of commercial gamma-Al2O3 nanoparticles. J Phys 241:012096Google Scholar
- 30.Fleming S, Rohl A (2005) GDIS: a visualization program for molecular and periodic systems. Z Krist 220:580–584Google Scholar
- 39.Ummartyotin S, Sangngern S, Kaewvilai A, Koonsaeng N, Manuspiya H, Laobuthee A (2009) Cobalt aluminate (CoAl2O4) derived from Co-Al-TEA complex and its dielectric behaviors. J Sustain Energy Environ 1:31–37Google Scholar
- 41.Li DY, Lin YS, Li YC, Shieh DL, Lin JL (2007) Fabrication of pseudoboehmie and alumina: effects of water and 1-hexadecyl-2,3-dimethyl-imidazolium chloride. Microporous Mesoporous Mater 8:276–282Google Scholar