Nanostructured La0.8Sr0.2Fe0.8Cr0.2O3 Perovskite for the Steam Methane Reforming
- 215 Downloads
This work describes the synthesis of La0.8Sr0.2Fe0.8Cr0.2O3 perovskite using a polymerization chemical route, for application on steam methane reforming reaction, compared to the LaFeO3 oxide. Results derived from X-ray diffraction (XRD), X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy and transmission electron microscopy (TEM) confirmed the presence of a prevalent orthorhombic structure related with a nanostructured solid (15–33 nm). The methane conversion of La0.8Sr0.2Fe0.8Cr0.2O3 oxide is very high compared to the LaFeO3 oxide at 700 °C. The stability test was performed during 240 h, using the catalyst under similar reaction conditions and the deactivation was low. Post reaction analyses by TEM, XRD and TPO showed growth of crystallite sizes, absence of carbon deposition, but no structural modifications, which suggest that the promoters prevent carbon deposition and resist structure changes during the steam methane reforming reaction.
KeywordsChromium-iron perovskite Methane reforming Post reaction analyses
CNPQ, CAPES, FAPERJ, FINEP and NUCAT and funds for supporting this research.
- 3.Sadykov V, Mezentseva N, Alikina G, Bunina R, Pelipenko V, Lukashevich A (2010) Nanocomposite catalysts for internal steam reforming of methane and biofuels: design and performance in: nanocomposite materials theory and applications, Vienna: INTECH, pp 909–946Google Scholar
- 5.Sadykov V, Bobrova L, Pavlova S, Simagina V, Makarshin L, Parmon V, Ross JRH, Mirodatos C, Van Veen AC, Khristolyubov AP, Syngas generation from hydrocarbons and oxygenates with structured catalysts. Nova Science Pubs, Inc., New York, p 53Google Scholar
- 12.Tejuca LG, Fierro JLG, Tascon JMD (1989) Structure and reactivity of perovskite-type oxides Adv Catal 36:237–328Google Scholar
- 14.Shafiefarhood A, Galinsky N, Huang Y, Chen Y, Li F (2014) Fe2O3@LaxSr1−xFeO3 core–shell redox catalyst for methane partial oxidation. Chem Cat Chem 6:790–799Google Scholar
- 23.Rodríguez-Carvajal J (2001) Recent developments of the program FULLPROF, in commission on powder diffraction. IUCr Newslett 26:12–19Google Scholar
- 41.Chen K, Hyodo J, Dodd A, Ai N, Ishihara T, Jiane L, Jiang SP (2015) Chromium deposition and poisoning of La0.8Sr0.2MnO3 oxygen electrodes of solid oxide electrolysis cells. R Soc Chem 182:457–476Google Scholar