Study on the Preparation and Catalytic Activities of SO4 2− Promoted Metal Oxide Solid Superacid Catalysts for Model Oil Desulfurization
- 280 Downloads
A series of SO4 2− promoted metal oxide solid superacids: SO4 2−/ZrO2–WO3 (SZW), SO4 2−/ZrO2–MoO3 (SZM) and SO4 2−/ZrO2–Cr2O3 (SZC) were prepared by incorporating different metals into SO4 2−/ZrO2 (SZ). The above four catalysts were characterized by Fourier transformation infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR), X-ray diffraction and NH3-temperature programmed desorption techniques and scanning electron microscope. Then, they were respectively used as catalysts for oxidative desulfurization for model oil under the same mild conditions. The results exhibited that catalytic activities of SZW, SZM and SZC all increased to different degrees compared with SZ. Among them SZC performed best. Finally, the possible mechanism of this reaction was also presented.
KeywordsSolid superacid Desulfurization Catalytic oxidation Tetragonal phase
The authors are very grateful to the Project Funded by the Priority Academic Program Development of Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions (PAPD) for financial support. And the data in this article is tested and provided by Yangzhou University Testing Center.
- 1.Stern AC, Boubel RW, Turner DB, Fox DL (1984) Fundamentals of air pollution, 2nd edn. Academic Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 3.Huang H, Salissou MN, Yi DZ (2013) Study on reactive adsorption desulfurization of model gasoline on Ni/ZnO-HY adsorbent, China Petrole. Process Petrochem Technol 15:57–64Google Scholar
- 8.Horii Y, Onuki, H, Doi S. Desulfurization of light oil by extraction. PUS: 5494572, 1996Google Scholar
- 9.Funakoshi, Ryutodu, Miyadad M. Process for covering organic sulfur compounds from fuel oil. PUS: 5753102, 1998Google Scholar
- 17.Zhao DH, Sun FX, Zhou EP, Liu Y (2004) A review of desulfurization of light oil based on selective oxidation. Chem J Internet 6:17Google Scholar