Chemoselective Transfer Hydrogenation of α,β-Unsaturated Carbonyls Using Palladium Immobilized Ionic Liquid Catalyst
- 466 Downloads
This work reports a simple and highly efficient protocol for chemoselective transfer hydrogenation of α,β-unsaturated carbonyls using immobilized palladium metal-containing ionic liquid as a versatile heterogeneous catalyst with an excellent conversion and chemoselectivity (up to 100 %). The influence of various reaction parameters such as the effect of hydrogen donor, solvent, temperature, and time were studied. The catalyst was recycled for four consecutive cycles without significant loss in the catalytic activity. The developed protocol is more advantageous due to the use of HCOONH4 as a hydrogen source, mild reaction conditions, and simple workup procedure and applicable for a wide range of substrates.
KeywordsTransfer hydrogenation Chemoselective Immobilization Palladium Heterogeneous catalyst
The author (N. M. Patil) is greatly thankful to the UGC-SAP (University Grant Commission, India) for providing the Senior Research Fellowship. XPS measurements were conducted at the Research Hub for Advanced Nano Characterization, the University of Tokyo, supported by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), Japan. This work is supported by JSPS and DST under the Japan-India Science Cooperative Program.
- 2.Huai GC, James MT, Wuts PGM, Tomi KS, Clark W Sm (1995) Int J Pept Protein Res 45: 1–10Google Scholar
- 6.Sanjit KM, Rafique UI, Chiranjit A, Michael JW, Kaushik M (2014) ChemCatChem 6:1419–1426Google Scholar
- 7.Fang ZS, Lin H, Ji N, Yong C, He YH, Kang NF (2008) Chem Commun 30:3531–3533Google Scholar
- 8.Hidehito O, Eiji S, Tamio H (2007) Chem Commun 18:1819–1821Google Scholar
- 19.Takehiko S, Chongmin Z, Mizuki T, Yasuhiro I (2005) Chem Commun 19:2506–2508Google Scholar