Effects of Silica-Coating on the Photoinduced Hole Formation and Decomposition Activity of Titanium Dioxide Photocatalysts Under UV Irradiation
- 574 Downloads
Contrary to the general knowledge in practical use of TiO2 photocatalyst, that silica coating improves weather resistance by inhibiting chemical activity against resin, the present study revealed that the number of photoinduced holes was increased and the decomposition activity to gaseous reactants was persistent as the effect of silica coating.
KeywordsTiO2 Silica coating Photocatalytic reaction ESR
The authors wish to thank the Analysis & Simulation Center, Asahi Kasei Corporation for their cooperation in the use of STEM-EDX.
- 2.Kaneko M, Ohkura I (eds) (2002) Photocatalysis: science and technology. Springer, TokyoGoogle Scholar
- 3.Anpo M, Kamat PV (eds) (2010) Environmentally benign photocatalysts: applications of titanium oxide-based materials. Springer, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 4.Evan AW, Murley RD (1962) Paint Technol 26:10–16Google Scholar
- 5.Blakey RR (1980) XV FATIPEC Cong 1:244Google Scholar
- 7.Cao CH (2012) Adv Mater Res 221:489Google Scholar
- 8.Zhang X, Li Y, Li Z, Zhang S (2011) Adv Mater Res 571:239–242Google Scholar