Multiple Oxo-Vanadium Schiff Base Containing Cyclotriphosphazene as a Robust Heterogeneous Catalyst for Regioselective Oxidation of Naphthols and Phenols to Quinones
- 558 Downloads
Grafting of multiple oxo-vanadium Schiff base moieties to cyclotriphosphazene provided an efficient and recyclable heterogeneous catalyst for the regioselective oxidation of naphthols and phenols to quinones by using t-butylhydroperoxide as oxidant. One of the main advantages of the developed catalyst was the presence of multiple oxo-vanadium moieties in close proximity which made the developed catalyst more active as compared to its homogeneous oxo-vanadium Schiff base. After the reaction, the catalyst was easily recovered from the reaction mixture by simple filtration and reused for five runs without loss in activity.
KeywordsCyclotriphosphazene Vanadium Oxidation Naphthol Quinone
We thank Director, IIP for his kind permission to publish these results. We thank Analytical Sciences Division, IIP for IR, elemental analysis and Dr. JK Gupta for TGA analysis.
- 2.Burgess K (2000) Solid phase organic synthesis. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 3.Allcock HR (2003) Chemistry and applications of polyphosphazenes. Wiley-VCH, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 4.Gleria M, De Jaeger R (2004) Applicative aspects of poly(organophosphazenes). Nova Science Publishers, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 27.Moriarty RM, Prakash O (2001) Oxidation of phenolic compounds with organohypervalent iodine reagents. Org React 57:327–416Google Scholar
- 29.Luo HB, Xie YY (2003) Regioselective oxidation of phenols to o-quinones with Dess-Martin periodinane(DMP). Chin Chem Lett 14:555–556Google Scholar