Fe-Mo Catalysts with High Resistance to Carbon Deposition During Fischer–Tropsch Synthesis
- 173 Downloads
Effects of Mo addition on the Fischer–Tropsch synthesis (FTS) performance of precipitated Fe and FeCu catalysts were tested at 280 °C, 1.5 MPa, H2/CO = 2.0, 2,000 h−1. Reaction results in fixed-bed reactor indicate that Mo addition stabilizes the selectivity to higher molecular-weight hydrocarbons of Fe and FeCu catalysts. Carbonaceous species over the spent catalysts were studied by Mössbauer effect spectroscopy (MES) and temperature-programmed hydrogenation (TPH). It is found that Mo addition inhibits the carbon deposition on iron catalysts surface during the FTS reaction and thus probably protects the active sites for producing heavy hydrocarbons.
KeywordsFischer–Tropsch synthesis Iron-based catalyst Mo promotion Carbon deposition Heavy hydrocarbons
We thank the National Outstanding Young Scientists Foundation of China (20625620) and the National Natural Science Foundation of China (20703054, 20590361). This work is also supported by Synfuels CHINA. Co., Ltd.
- 6.Bukur DB, Nowicki L, Manne RK, Lang XS (1995) J Catal 155:96Google Scholar
- 13.Dry ME, Shingles T, Boshoff LJ, van Botha HCS (1970) J Catal 17:3470Google Scholar
- 14.Murchison CM, Murdick DA (1981) Hydrocarbon Process 60:159Google Scholar
- 15.Dun OW, Gulari E, NG KYS (1985) Appl Catal A 15:247Google Scholar
- 17.Belosudov RV, Sakahara S, Yajima K, Takami S, Kubo M, Miyamoto A (2002) Catal Today 189:245Google Scholar
- 20.Qin SD, Zhang CH, Xu J, Wu BS, Xiang HW, Li YH, Chin J Catal, in pressGoogle Scholar