FTIR Study of Cobalt Containing Aluminophosphates with Chabasite Like Structure by Using CO and NO as Molecular Probes
- 144 Downloads
FTIR spectroscopy of adsorbed molecules such as CO and NO was used to monitor the nature of cobalt centres in Co-containing aluminophosphates (AlPOs) and silicoaluminophosphates (SAPOs) with chabasite-like structures. The samples were synthesized by following a facile route during which the cobalt ions were directly inserted in the synthesis gels. These studies show that Co2+ ions are located in framework positions in CoAPO-34, where they substitute for some Al3+ ions, whilst in CoAPSO-34, where Si4+ ions replacing for some phosphorous lead to negative charges in the aluminophosphate framework, are contemporarily present both in framework and extra-framework positions. It is likely that, in the latter case, some cobalt ions act as counter ions compensating the negative structure.
KeywordsCoAPO-34 CoAPSO-34 NO and CO adsorption FTIR spectroscopy NO oxidation products
M. Vishnuvarthan thanks the Italian Ministry of University and Research (MIUR) for bursaries to favour young Indian researchers for the financial years 2007–2008, within the Memorandum of Understanding stipulated on the 14th of February 2005 with the Indian Ministry of Science and Technology.
- 2.Weckhuysen BM, Rao RR, Martens JA, Schoonhetdt RA (1999) Eur J Inorg Chem 565Google Scholar
- 3.Wei A-C, Chao K-J (2000) J Chin Chem Soc 47:33Google Scholar
- 20.Chen J, Thomas JM (1994) J Chem Soc Chem Commun 603Google Scholar
- 50.Hardening MM, Kariuki BM (1994) Acta Cryst C50:852Google Scholar
- 51.Vishnuvarthan M, Murugesan V, Gianotti E, Bertinetti L, Coluccia S, Berlier G (2009) Microporous Mesoporous Mater (in press). doi: 10.1016/j.micromeso.2009.03.035