Development of Stable and Highly Active Bimetallic Ni–Au Catalysts Supported on Binary Oxides CrAl3O6 for POM Reaction
- 106 Downloads
The resistance of supported Ni catalysts for carbon deactivation in CH4 partial oxidation (POM) was studied in this work. The 5%Ni/Al2O3 catalyst showed only 18% of CH4 conversion at 900 °C and 23% carbon deposition after 24 h run of POM. Both Au addition and binary support CrAl3O6 use seem to guarantee high activity (100% at 900 °C), selectivity (97% at 900 °C) and high carbon resistance (<1%). Furthermore the gold doped catalysts revealed only the presence of Cα and Cβ whereas the monometallic Ni catalysts showed the presence of graphitic carbon Cγ responsible for catalysts deactivation.
KeywordsBimetallic Ni–Au catalysts CrAl3O6 POM reaction Synthesis gas
The financial support of this work by the Polish Scientific Research Council supports (Grant No. 1357/T09/2005/29) is gratefully acknowledged.
- 6.Witońska I, Maniecki TP (2007) Przem Chem 86/11:2Google Scholar
- 7.Maniecki TP, Bawolak K, Mierczyński P, Jóźwiak WK (2008) Polish J Chem 82:2245Google Scholar
- 8.Maniecki TP, Bawolak K, Gebauer D, Jóźwiak WK (2007) Przem Chem 869:857Google Scholar
- 9.Maniecki TP, Rogowski J, Bawolak K, Nowosielska M, Jóźwiak W, Polish J (2006) Environ Stud 15.6A:124Google Scholar
- 13.Maniecki TP, Bawolak K, Gebauer D, Mierczynski P, Jozwiak WK, KinCat (in a print)Google Scholar