Synthesis of a Novel Strong Brønsted Acidic Ionic Liquid and its Catalytic Activities for the Oxathioacetalization
- 242 Downloads
The novel efficient procedure has been developed for the oxathioacetalization of carbonyl compounds and 2-mercaptoethanol at room temperature under solvent-free condition. The results showed that the novel multi-SO3H functionalized ionic liquid was very efficient for the reactions with the good to excellent yields in short time. Operational simplicity, without need of any solvent, room temperature, low cost of the catalyst used, high yields, applicability to large-scale reactions, reusability and chemoselectivity are the key features of this methodology.
KeywordsOxathioacetalization Efficient Catalysis Chemoselective
This work was supported by National Key Project of Scientific and Technical Supporting Programs Funded by Ministry of Science & Technology of China (No. 2006BAE03B06), Shanghai Leading Academic Discipline Project, Project Number: B409 and Shanghai International Cooperation of Science and Technology Project, Project Number: 06SR07101.
- 6.Khan AT, Parvin T, Choudhury LH (2006) Synthesis 2497Google Scholar
- 10.Kumar A, Jain N, Rana S, Chauhan SMS (2004) Synlett 2785Google Scholar
- 11.Aoyama T, Takido T, Kodomari M (2004) Synlett 2307Google Scholar
- 13.Gogoi S, Borah JC, Barua NC (2004) Synlett 1592Google Scholar
- 16.Kazahaya K, Hamada N, Ito S, Sato T (2002) Synlett 1535Google Scholar
- 17.Mondal E, Sahu PR, Khan AT (2002) Synlett 463Google Scholar