Direct Synthesis of a Fluidizable SAPO-34 Catalyst for a Fluidized Dimethyl Ether-to-Olefins Process
The dimethyl ether to olefins process is very important for converting coal to chemicals. A SAPO-34 molecular sieve with a particle size up to 50 μm has been synthesized with morpholine as the template. The cold model fluidization experiment indicates that the SAPO-34 catalyst with average size of 45–50 μm is of good fluidization properties. After high temperature steam treatment at 1073 K for 8 h, this large fluidizable catalyst showed good reactivity and selectivity for the dimethyl ether to olefins (DTO) reaction in a micro-reactor. X-ray diffraction characterization showed that the structure of the catalyst was maintained well. A fluidized reactor of 50 mm inner diameter was used to carry out the DTO reaction, which showed that the fluidizable SAPO-34 is a selective catalyst for light olefin production.
KeywordsSAPO-34 Dimethyl ether-to-olefins Propene Ethene Fluidization
The work was supported by the Foundation for the Natural Scientific Foundation of China (No. 20736004) and Tsinghua University Open Laboratory Foundation.
- 1.Chang CD, Lang WH, Silvestri AJ (1977) U.S. Patent 4062905Google Scholar
- 14.Wei YX, Zhang DZ, Xu L, Chang FX, He YL, Meng SH, Su BL, Liu ZM (2007) Catal Today (in press)Google Scholar
- 15.Liu HX, Xie ZK, Zhang CF, Chen QL (2003) Chin J Chem Phys 6:521Google Scholar
- 17.Lok B, Messina C, Paton R, Gajek R, Cannan T, lanigen E (1984) U.S. Patent 4440871Google Scholar
- 21.Liu ZM, Huang XY, He CQ, Yang Y, Yang LX, Cai GY (1996) Chin J Catal 6:540Google Scholar
- 22.Guisnet M, Magnoux P (1998) Appl Catal A Gen 54:1Google Scholar
- 26.Davidson JF, Clift R, Harrison A (1971) Fluidization Academic Press, LondonGoogle Scholar