Selective Synthesis of 1-butene through Positional Isomerisation of 2-butene over Mesoporous Silica MCM-41
- 247 Downloads
A highly selective and active catalyst for the positional isomerisation of 2-butene into 1-butene has been developed by using a mesoporous silica, MCM-41. The yields of 1-butene as well as total conversion decrease when aluminium or lanthanum was added to the MCM-41 even though the amounts of acid sites increase. FT-IR spectra proved that the H site due to the silanol group may act as an active site for the positional isomerisation of 2-butene to 1-butene.
KeywordsPositional isomerisation Butene MCM-41
This work was supported by Energy Technology R&D Grant of the Korea Energy Management Cooperation (2005-E-ID11-P-02-3-020).
- 2.Kim MY, Seo G (2004) J Kor Ind Eng Chem 15:581Google Scholar
- 5.Myers JW (1981) US Patent 4,289,919Google Scholar
- 6.Ancillotti F, Forlani O, Jover B, Resofszki G, Gati G (1991) Appl Catal 67:249Google Scholar
- 7.Hsing HH (1991) US Patent 5,043,523Google Scholar
- 9.Powers DH (2004) US Patent 6,768,038Google Scholar
- 11.Kim JM, Kwak JH, Jun S, Ryoo R (1995) J Phys Chem 99:16472Google Scholar
- 12.Ryoo R, Kim JM (1995) J Chem Soc Chem Commun 711Google Scholar
- 17.Yurdakoc M, Akcay M, Tonbul Y, Yurdakoc K (1999) Turk J Chem 23:319Google Scholar
- 18.Landmesser H, Kosslick H, Storek W, Fricke R (1997) Solid State Ionics 101–103:271Google Scholar