Sol-gel Ag + Pd/SiO2 as a catalyst for reduction of NO with CO
- 97 Downloads
Mono – (Ag/SiO2, Pd/SiO2) and bimetallic (Ag+Pd/SiO2) catalysts have been obtained via sol-gel method from tetra-ethoxy-silane (TEOS) and their activity in reduction of Nitric oxide (NO) with carbon monoxide (CO) has been investigated. The highest activity in the process of reduction of NO with CO possesses the sample Ag + Pd/SiO2. It has been found that the sol-gel method for preparation of bimetallic catalysts allows the formation of various catalytic active centers (CAC) which leads to high activity in reaction of NO reduction. The presence of Ag2O and PdO in these CAC allows the elimination of NO. The process of this elimination includes reduction of NO with CO at temperatures up to 200 оC as well as direct decomposition of NO at higher temperatures.
Keywordssol-gel method catalysts NO reduction with CO catalytic active complex
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Park, P.W., Ragle, C.S., Bayer, C.L., Balmer, M.L. 2002J. Catal.97210Google Scholar
- Burch, R., Breen, J.P., Meunier, F.C. 2002Appl. Catal. B11220Google Scholar
- Sato, S., Yu-u, Y., Yahiro, H., Mizuno, N., Iwamoto, M. 1991Appl. Catal. L170Google Scholar
- Toshima, N. 2000Pure Appl. Chem.72317Google Scholar
- H. Kosuka and S. Sakka, in: Advanced in Chemistry Series, Vol. 234, ed. H.E. Bergna (American Chemical Society, Washington D.C., 1994) p. 129Google Scholar
- Panayotov, D., Khristova, M., Mehandjiev, D. 1987Appl. Catal.3448Google Scholar