Reducibility of Catalyzed Cerium–Praseodymium Mixed Oxides
- 141 Downloads
Cerium–praseodymium mixed oxides covering a wide range of cerium/praseodymium ratios were synthesized, loaded with 2 wt% palladium, and characterized by X-ray diffraction and temperature-programmed reduction. Both the degree and average temperature of reduction of the catalyzed mixed oxides were found to increase with increasing praseodymium concentration. Quantitative results indicate that these materials may be useful, in conjunction with hydrocarbon traps, for treating automotive cold-start emissions.
Keywordsceria praseodymia hydrocarbon trap TWC OSC TPR
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Shelef, G.W. Graham and R.W. McCabe, in: Catalysis by Ceria and Related Materials, ed. A. Trovarelli (Imperial College Press, London, 2002) ch. 10.Google Scholar
- 2.Logan, A.D., Shelef, M. 1994J. Mater. Res.9468Google Scholar
- 3.A.N. Shigapov, H.-W. Jen, G.W. Graham, W. Chun and R.W. McCabe, in: Studies in Surface Science and Catalysis, Vol. 130B (12th International Congress on Catalysis), eds. A. Corma, F.V. Melo, S. Mendioroz and J.L.G. Fierro (Elsevier Science B. V., Amsterdam, 2000) p. 1373.Google Scholar
- 5.McCullough, J.D. 1950J. Am. Chem. Soc.721386Google Scholar
- 6.Sovestnov, A.E., Shaburov, V.A., Melekh, B.T., Smirnov, I.A., Smirnov, Yu P., Tyunis, A.V., Egorov, A.I. 1994Phys. Solid State36620Google Scholar
- 8.J.A. Lupescu, J. Li, Y.B. Graves and C.T. Goralski Jr. (private communication).Google Scholar