Recurrence Relations for Multichannel Queueing Systems with Second-Order Erlangian Service Times
- 13 Downloads
We propose a method to analyze queueing systems M / E2 / n / m, M / E2 / n / ∞, including the case of random dropping of customers. Recurrence relations are obtained to compute the steady-state distribution of the number of customers in the system and steady-state characteristics. The developed algorithms are tested on examples using simulation models constructed with the use of the GPSS World tools.
Keywordsmultichannel queueing systems Erlangian service times random dropping of customers fictitious phase method recurrence relations steady-state characteristics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.P. P. Bocharov, A. V. Pechinkin, Queuing Theory [in Russian], RUDN, Moscow (1995).Google Scholar
- 4.P. P. Bocharov, V. G. Litvin, “Methods of the analysis and calculation of queuing systems with distributions of phase type,” Avtomatika i Telemekhanika, No. 5, 5–23 (1986).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. I. Ryzhikov, “Recurrent calculation of multi-channel queueing systems with unlimited queue,” Avtomatika i Telemekhanika, No. 6, 88-93 (1985).Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. I. Ryzhikov, “An algorithm to design a multi-channel system with Erlangian service,” Avtomatika i Telemekhanika, No. 5, 30–37 (1980).Google Scholar
- 10.A. Chydziński, Nowe Modele Kolejkowe dla Węzlów Sieci Pakietowych, Pracownia Komputerowa Jacka Skalmierskiego, Gliwice (2013).Google Scholar
- 13.Yu. Zhernovyi, Creating Models of Queueing Systems using GPSS World: Programs, Detailed Explanations and Analysis of Results, LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, Saarbrucken (2015).Google Scholar