Analysis of Integrated Cellular Network Model with Virtual Partitioning of Channels*
- 49 Downloads
We propose a new admission strategy in integrated cellular networks based on virtual partitioning of channels between voice and data calls. Access of new data calls to channels is restricted depending on the total number of data calls in the cell. A method is developed to calculate the quality of service metrics of the partitioning scheme.
Keywordscellular network virtual channel partitioning call admission control quality of service
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.M. Schneps-Schneppe and V. B. Iversen, “Call admission control in cellular networks,” in: J. H. Ortiz (ed.), Mobile Networks Intech. (2012), pp. 111–136.Google Scholar
- 6.G. P. Basharin, The Mathematical Theory of Teletraffic [in Russian], RUDN, Moscow (2004).Google Scholar
- 8.J. N. Daigle, Queueing Theory with Applications to Packet Telecommunication, Springer, Boston (2005).Google Scholar
- 10.M. Stasiak, M. Glabowski, A. Wishniewski, and P. Zwierzykowski, Modeling and Dimensioning of Mobile Networks: From GSM to LTE, John Wiley, New York (2011).Google Scholar
- 13.A. Z. Melikov, M. I. Fattakhova, and A. T. Babayev, “Investigation of cellular communication networks with private channels for service of handover calls,” Autom. Control and Comput. Sci., 39, No. 3, 61–69 (2005).Google Scholar