Fast Simulation of the Functional Failure of an s – t-Network with Repair
- 42 Downloads
An s – t-network with highly reliable edges with repair and variable external load is considered. A fast simulation method is proposed to evaluate the probability of functional failure when the real capacity of the network is less than the required capacity. It is proved that under some conditions the estimate has a bounded relative error as edges reliability increases. The numerical example illustrates the efficiency of the method.
Keywordss – t-network functional failure minimal cutset fast simulation method variance of the estimate relative standard deviation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. B. Gertsbakh and Y. Shpungin, Models of Network Reliability: Analysis, Combinatorics, and Monte Carlo, CRC Press, Boca Raton (2009).Google Scholar
- 6.I. N. Kovalenko, Analys of Rare Events in Systems Efficiency and Reliability Analysis [in Russian], Sov. Radio, Moscow (1980).Google Scholar
- 7.I. N. Kovalenko and N. Yu. Kuznetsov, Methods to Design Highly Reliable Systems [in Russian], Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow (1988).Google Scholar
- 8.N. Yu. Kuznetsov, “Fast simulation technique in reliability evaluation of Markov and non-Markov systems,” in: Simulation and Optimization Methods in Risk and Reliability Theory, Nova Sci. Publ., New York (2009), pp. 69–112.Google Scholar
- 14.J. Blanchet and H. Lam, “Rare event simulation techniques,” in: Proc. 2011 Winter Simulation Conf. (2011), pp. 217–231.Google Scholar
- 17.O. B. Samoilov, G. B. Usynin, and A. M. Bakhmet’ev, Safety of Nuclear Power Plants [in Russian], Energoatomizdat, Moscow (1989).Google Scholar
- 18.H.-Y. Lin, S.-Y. Kuo, and F.-M. Yeh, “Minimal cutset enumeration and network reliability evaluation by recursive merge and BDD,” in: Proc. 8th IEEE Intern. Symp. on Comput. and Commun. (2003), pp. 1341–1346.Google Scholar
- 19.M. Benaddy and M. Wakrim, “Cutset enumerating and network reliability computing by a new recursive algorithm and inclusion exclusion principle,” Intern. J. Comput. Appl., 45, No. 16, 22–25 (2012).Google Scholar
- 20.Y. Chen, A. Q. Hu, K. W. Yip, et al., “A modified combined method for computing terminal-pair reliability in networks with unreliable nodes,” in: Proc. 2nd Int. Conf. on Machine Learning and Cybernetics (2003), pp. 2426–2429.Google Scholar
- 22.I. N. Kovalenko, “Reliability assessment of complex systems,” Vopr. Radioelektroniki, 12, No. 9, 50–68 (1965).Google Scholar