Methods to predict protein spatial structure
- 26 Downloads
Modern methods of predicting protein spatial structure are reviewed. Numerical results of predicting the secondary structure of protein on the basis of Bayesian recognition procedures on nonstationary Markov chains are discussed. Complementary principles of encoding genetic information in DNA and proteins are presented.
Keywordsrecognition biophysical filters contact maps Bayesian procedure Markov chain protein folding
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Madhu Smitha, Abhijit Mitra, and Harjinder Singh, “Real valued genetic algorithm based approach for protein structure prediction — role of biophysical filters for reduction of conformational search space,” in: Proc. 3rd IAPR Intern. Conf. on Pattern Recognition in Bioinformatics PRIB, Oct. 15–17, 2008, Novotel St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia (2008).Google Scholar
- 7.G. Pollastri and P. Baldi, “Prediction of contact maps by GIOHMMs and recurrent neural networks using lateral propagation from all four cardinal corners,” Bioinformatics, 18, 62–70 (2002).Google Scholar
- 9.I. V. Sergienko and A.M. Gupal, “Statistical analysis of genome,” Cytology and Genetics, No. 4, 76–81 (2004).Google Scholar
- 10.A. J. Viterbi, “Error bounds for convolutional codes and an asymptotically optimal decoding algorithm,” IEEE Trans. Informat. Theory, IT-13, 260–269 (1967).Google Scholar
- 13.J. D. Lafferty, A. Mc Callum, and F. C. N. Pereira, “Conditional random fields: probabilistic models for segmenting and labeling sequence data,” in: Proc. 18th Intern. Conf. on Machine Learning (ICML 2001), Morgan Kaufmann Publ., New York (2001), pp. 282–289.Google Scholar
- 14.“The international human genom sequencing consortium,” Nature, 431, 931–945 (2004).Google Scholar
- 15.A. M. Gupal and I. V. Sergienko, Îptimal Pattern Recognition Procedures [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kyiv (2008).Google Scholar
- 17.I. V Sergienko, A. M. Gupal, and A. A. Vagis, “Complementary principles of bases recoding along one chain of DNA,” Cytology and Genetics, No. 6, 71–75 (2005).Google Scholar
- 22.A. Thorda, Protein Threading, Univ. of Hambourg, Hambourg (2003) (http://en.scientificcommons.org/40891925).
- 23.L. J. Mc Guffin, “Protein fold recognition and threading in computational structural biology,” World Scientific, 37–60 (2008).Google Scholar