Inventory control as an identification problem based on fuzzy logic
An approach is proposed to solving inventory control problems using information available on current demand and stock. The approach is based on identification of nonlinear dependences using fuzzy knowledge bases. By tuning a fuzzy model against a learning sample, model control actions can be made very close to an expert’s decision. This approach can further be developed by creating adaptive (neuro-fuzzy) inventory control models for enterprises and trading companies.
Keywordsinventory control fuzzy knowledge bases fuzzy knowledge bases training
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Yu. I. Ryzhikov, Inventory Control [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow 1969.Google Scholar
- 3.G. B. Rubal’skii, Inventory Control for a Random Demand [in Russian], Sov. Radio, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.L. A. Zadeh, The Concept of a Linguistic Variable and Its Application to Making Approximate Decisions [in Russian], Mir, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 5.D. Petrovich and E. Sweeney, “Fuzzy knowledge-based approach to treating uncertainty in inventory control,” Computer Integrated Manufacturing Systems, No. 7(3), 147–152 (1994).Google Scholar
- 6.D. E. Cox, Fuzzy Logic for Business and Industry, Charles River Media, Inc., Rockland, Massachusetts (1995).Google Scholar
- 7.G. Bojadziev and M. Bojadziev, Fuzzy Logic for Business, Finance and Management, World Sci. Publishing (1997).Google Scholar
- 8.R. Venkatraman and S. Venkatraman, “Rule-based system application for a technical problem in inventory issue,” Advanced Engineering Informatics, No. 14(2), 143–152 (2000).Google Scholar
- 9.B. I. Mokin, A. P. Rotshtein, and I. F. Ostryi, “Inventory control based on fuzzy logic,” Visn. Vinnytsk. Politekhn. Inst., No. 6, 12–19 (2002).Google Scholar
- 10.A. P. Rotshtein, Intelligent Identification Technologies: Fuzzy Sets, Genetic Algorithms, and Neural Networks [in Russian], Universum, Vinnitsa (1999).Google Scholar
- 11.A. P. Rotshtein and S. D. Shtovba, “Control of a dynamic system based on fuzzy knowledgebase,” Avtom. Vych. Tekhn., No. 2, 23–31 (2001).Google Scholar
- 12.A. P. Rotshtein, Medical Diagnostics on Fuzzy Logic [in Russian], Continent-Prim, Vinnitsa (1996).Google Scholar
- 13.A. P. Rotshtein, “Design and tuning of fuzzy rule-based systems for medical diagnosis,” in: N.-H. Teodorescu, A. Kandel, and G. Lain (eds.), Fuzzy and Neuro-Fuzzy Systems in Medicine, CRC Press, Boca-Raton (1998), pp. 243–289.Google Scholar