Surface Treatment of Titanium Components with the Aim of Improving Operating Properties
Surface hardening methods are considered and analyzed for titanium and titanium alloy components, including engineering solutions for writing inventions.
KeywordsTitanium Alloy Molybdenum Disulfide Potassium Iodide Specific Load Antifriction Property
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.Yu. M. Vinogradov, “Increase in wear resistance of steels, cast iron, and titanium alloys by sulfocyaniding, sulfiding, and selenizing,” in: Processes for Strengthening an Component Material Surface [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1964), pp. 83–89.Google Scholar
- 2.V. M. Yanko, “Increase in titanium component life operating under sliding and reversing conditions,” Khim. Neftegaz. Mashinostr., No. 4, 35–36 (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.B. K. Vulf, Titanium Alloy Heat Treatment [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Galitskii, M. M. Abelev, L. P. Kolosova, et al., Titanium and Its Alloys in Chemical Engineering [in Russian], Gos. Nauch.-Tekh. Izd. Mash. Lit., Moscow (1963).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. M. Vinogradov, V. D. Dovzhenko, and E. M. Polikarpova, “Chemical heat treatment of titanium alloys,” in: Titanium for the National Economy [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.V. M. Yanko,Yu. N. Veretennikov, and O. Z. Livshits, “Chemical heat treatment of alloy VT6 for improved antifriction properties,” Met. Term. Obrab. Metallov, No. 5, 52–54 (1982).Google Scholar
- 7.V. M. Yanko, S. I. Sivkov, O. Z. Livshits, and Y. N. Veretennikov, USSR Inventor’s Cert. 1068539, IPC C 23 C 9/10, “Chemical heat treatment method for treating titanium components” (1984).Google Scholar
- 8.V. I. Murav’ev V. I. Merkulov, V. N. Voitov, et al., RF Patent 2176285, IPC C 23C4/02, C21D1/68, “Method for applying protective coatings to titanium and its alloy billets” (2001).Google Scholar
- 9.A. G. Paikin, E. V. Nikolaich, and A. A. Khloba, RF Patent 2460826, IPC C23C8/54, “Method for surface hardening alloy components based on titanium” (2012).Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013