Use of optimization methods for design of chemical and oil-gas equipment
- 28 Downloads
Problems arising during design of components in chemical and oil-gas equipment, the serviceability of which depends to no small degree on to what extent the structural parameters of its subassemblies and individual parts are rationally selected, are examined. An example of the selection of structural parameters is given for the design of components of a large-dimension clasp-lock joint – flanges and collar, which illustrate the effectiveness of mathematical modeling and optimization in solving problems associated with substantiation of the serviceability of chemical and oil-gas equipment. The optimization problem is solved using the ANSYS finite-element program.
KeywordsDesign Variable Flange Thrust Force Machine Time Tube Bundle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.O. A. Priimak, N. V. Rodionov, and V. V. Elksnin, “Stress-strain state in components of rapidly interchangeable constricting devices,” Coll. Proc. 2nd Conf. of Cad-FEM GmbH Software Users (Moscow, April 17–18, 2002) [in Russian], edited by A. S. Shadskii, Moscow (2002), pp. 177–182.Google Scholar
- 2.D. I. Batishchev, Search Methods for Optimal Design [in Russian], Sovetskoe Radio, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.F. P. Vasiliev, Numerical Methods for Solution of Extremal Problems [in Russian], Nauka, Glavn. Red. Fiz.-Mat. Lit., Moscow (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.V. G. Karmanov, Mathematical Programming [in Russian], Nauka, Glavn. Red. Fiz.-Mat. Lit., Moscow (1980).Google Scholar
- 5.F. Hill, U. Murray, and M. Wright, Practical Optimization [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1985).Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Elksnin, O. A. Priimak, and Vl. V. Elksnin, “Optimization of force components in clasp-lock joints,” Khim. Neft. Mashinostr., No. 9, 37–40 (2006).Google Scholar
- 7.GOST 14249–87, Vessels and Apparatus: Standards and Methods of Strength Analysis [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.E. L. Muravin and V. V. Elksnin, “Modeling the stress-strain state in clasp-locks joint,” Nauka Tekhn. Gaz. Prom., No. 2–3, 23–26 (2001).Google Scholar