Effective irregular ceramic ring packing for heat- and mass-exchange processes
- 21 Downloads
A new effective irregular ceramic ring packing is developed for heat- and mass-exchange processes; the packing has a lower hydraulic resistance and higher efficiency as compared with tested packings, and can be used in lieu of the Rashig rings most frequently employed in industry. Laws governing variation in basic hydrodynamic and mass-exchange characteristics of the developed packing are determined, and empirical equations are proposed for calculation of the parameters in question.
KeywordsHydraulic Resistance Euler Number Contact Device Liquid Load Lower Hydraulic Resistance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. S. Leont’ev and S. I Sidorov, “Modern packed columns: characteristic features of design formulation,” Khim. Prom., No. 7, 347–356 (2005).Google Scholar
- 2.F. Sh. Khafizov, V. I. Fetisov, R. N. Fatkullin, et al., “Designs of regular packings for mass- exchange processes in column equipment,” Khim. Prom., No. 5, 236–241 (2004).Google Scholar
- 3.A. M. Kagan, L. A. Yudina, and A. S. Pushnov, “Irregular metallic GIAP-NZ packing and some aspects of its industrial use,” Khim. Prom., No. 5, 43–46 (2001).Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Kafarov, “Prospects for development in chemical engineering,” Vestn. Akad. Nauk SSSR, No. 1, 70 (1988).Google Scholar
- 5.G. B Dmitrieva, M. G. Berengarten, A. M. Kagan, et al., “Comparison of plate and packed contact units in column equipment,” Khim. Neft. Mashinostr., No. 1, 9–10 (2007).Google Scholar
- 6.V. M. Ramm, Absorption of Gases [in Russian], 2nd edition, revised and supplemented, Khimiya, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 7.N. Kolev, R. Vinkler, R. Darakchiev, and Z. Brosh, “Development of effective packings for column equipment based on the theory of mass-exchange processes,” Khim. Prom., No. 8, 41–45 (1986).Google Scholar
- 8.A. M. Kagan, A. S. Pushnov, and A. S. Ryabushenko, “Packed contact devices,” Khim. Tekhnol., No. 5, 232–240 (2007).Google Scholar
- 9.E. V. Murav’ev, A. S. Sokolov, N. D. Saenko, et al., Patent Application No. 2008107736, Packing for Mass-Exchange Equipment, submitted March 3, 2008,Google Scholar
- 10.R. F. Vitkovskaya, “Development and investigation of polymeric fibrous catalysts and contact elements for resource and environmental preservation,” Dissertation for Candidate of Technical Sciences, Saint Petersburg (2005).Google Scholar
- 11.K. O. Bennett and J. E. Myers, Hydrodynamics, Heat Exchange, and Mass Exchange [Russian translation], translated by M. G. Assmus and V. M. Entova, edited by N. I. Gel’perin and I. A. Charnogo, Nedra, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar