Type SMGB hydrocyclone separators for mechanical impurities in immersed electrical centrifugal pumps
- 34 Downloads
A brief description is given of the design of a new hydrocyclone mechanical-impurity separator of type SMGB built by the Borets Company, which serves to increase the working life of an immersed electric pump in a borehole where the working media have elevated contents of mechanical impurities. The main characteristics are given from test-bed data for separators of SMGB type. Testbed results are given. The separator design with hydrocyclone separation is viable in a liquid medium with the maximum permissible mechanical-impurity content for electric centrifugal pumps of 2000 mg/liter, and gives high performance (95–97% removal). The design differs from separators used in industry of centrifugal type by the absence of rotating parts, simplicity of construction, and elevated reliability and working life. Experimental specimens of the SMGB separator have been sent for testing at the SNGDU-2 installation of the TNK-VR Company.
KeywordsElectric Motor Centrifugal Pump Mechanical Impurity Centrifugal Separator Pump Input
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Anufriev, A. Kaplan, and A. Nagiev, “Operation of difficult boreholes with electrical centrifugal pump devices at the deposits Sibneft-NNG,” Neftegaz. Vertikal, No. 12, 33–39 (2006).Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Chigryai, V. V. Il’yukhin, and A. V. Fedotov, Patent 52095 RF, A Borehole Filter [in Russian] (2006).Google Scholar
- 3.A. T. Nagiev, V. P. Zherebtsov, and E. G. Shatskii, Patent 42081 RF, The ZhNSh-1 Input Module for an ECP [in Russian] (2004).Google Scholar
- 4.A. T. Nagiev, V. P. Zherebtsov, and E. G. Shatskii, Patent 2278959 RF, An Immersed Pumping System for Extracting Oil [in Russian] (2004).Google Scholar
- 5.Ya. P. Koval’chuk and N. M. Pigasov, Authors’ Certificate USSR 1308754, A Borehole Separator for an Insulation Containing an Immersed Electrical Centrifugal Pump [in Russian] (1987).Google Scholar
- 6.A. I. Derevyannykh, V. V. Kremer, V. A. Konovalov, et al., Authors’ Certificate USSR 1551826, Borehole Pumping Equipment [in Russian] (1990).Google Scholar
- 7.A. S. Govberg and V. A. Terpunov, Patent 66417 RF, An Immersed Borehole Pumping System for Extracting Oil [in Russian] (2007).Google Scholar
- 8.A. M. Mustafaev and B. M. Gutman, Hydrocyclones in the Oil Extraction Industry [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar