Hydraulic resistance of bulk metallic-ball packing of regenerator of air-fractionating plant
- 16 Downloads
The principal ways of mathematically describing boundaries of bulk (loose) ball packings are discussed. A model of the typical component of the ball packing and a procedure for determining the hydraulic resistance of the packing are proposed. The proposed method helps calculate the hydraulic resistance of packings of various shapes for selecting the optimum parameters.
KeywordsReynolds Number Hydraulic Resistance Packing Element Fourth Point Ball Radius
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. S. Budnevich, Deep Cooling Processes [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow-Leningrad (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.Peter Kohnke (ed.), “ANSYS, Inc. Theory Manual 001369, 12th edition,” Inc ANSYS, Inc. Southpoint 275 Technology Drive, Canonsburg (2001).Google Scholar
- 3.“Fluid Flow Simulation software. Cosmos Flow Works Theory Manual,” Structural Research and Analysis Corporation (SRAC).Google Scholar
- 4.I. N. Bronshtein and K. A. Semendyaev, A Handbook of Mathematics for Engineers and Students of Higher Technical Institutions, 3rd revised edition [in Russian], GITTL, Moscow (1953).Google Scholar
- 5.N. K. Elukhin and O. I. Starosvitskii, “Heat transfer and hydraulic resistance in regenerators having bulk packings of air-fractionating plants,” Tr. VNIIkhimmash, No. 5, 36–60 (1962).Google Scholar