Effects of modifying trace components on petroleum pipeline corrosion resistance
- 49 Downloads
A study has been made on the effects of modifying additives on the corrosion resistance of low-alloy steel: rare-earth, alkaline-earth, and zirconium additives. Optimal concentrations have been determined for cerium, yttrium, calcium, barium, and zirconium in steel that provide good corrosion resistance. Models have been derived for engineering and forecasting purposes as regards the working life of welded petroleum pipelines.
KeywordsAustenite Cerium Corrosion Rate Yttrium Hydrogen Sulfide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. P. Gulyaev, Refractory-Metal Corrosion Resistance [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1982).Google Scholar
- 2.E. S. Kalinnikov, Cold-Strong Low-Alloy Steels [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 3.B. G. Lifshits, V. S. Kraposhin, and Ya. L. Linetskii, The Physical Properties of Metals and Alloys [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. N. Savonov, P. P. Lazebnov, A. G. Aleksandrov, et al., “Effects of yttrium on the metallurgical processes in welding austenitic steels with electrodes having calcium fluoride coating,” Avtomat. Svarka, No. 7, 26–28 (1982).Google Scholar
- 5.L. N. Gasik, V. S. Ignat’ev, and M. I. Gasik, Structure and Quality of Industrial Ferrous Alloys and Ligatures [in Russian], Tekhnika, Kiev (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.R. N. Tuttle and R. D. Cane (editors), H 2 S Corrosion in Oil Gas Production, NACE, Houston (1981).Google Scholar
- 7.Strength Calculations and Tests in Engineering. Methods of Mechanical Testing for Metals. Determination of Failure Viscosity Characteristics (Cracking Resistance) in Static Loading: Method Statements [in Russian], VNIINMASh, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 8.Ya. M. Potak, Strong Steels [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 9.N. S. Stoloff, Effects of Alloying on Failure Characteristics, G. Libowicz (ed.), Vol. 6, Metal Failure [Russian translation], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1976), pp. 11–89.Google Scholar