Reverse flows in pumps and axial vortex stage characteristic calculation
The causes of reverse flows in centrifugal and axial pumps are considered. They have a considerable effect on the pressure characteristic, particularly for axial pumps. An axial vortex stage is presented, where the pump may be considered as working with a leak.
KeywordsVortex Reverse Flow Side Channel Pressure Characteristic Hydraulic Efficiency
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. N. Zotov and A. A. Ankudinov, RF Patent No. 2014509: An Axial Vortex Pump [in Russian] (1991).Google Scholar
- 2.V. F. Chebaevskii and V. I. Petrov, Cavitation Characteristics of High-Speed Spiral-Centrifugal Pumps [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Pal’chenko and N. L. Rynkovenko, “Effects of a preliminary ring on the pulsation characteristics of a pump,” in: Bladed Pumps [in Russian], L. P. Gryanko and A. A. Papir (eds.), Mashinostroenie, Leningrad (1975), pp. 174–181.Google Scholar
- 4.K. Pfleiderer, Dispensing Machines for Liquids and Gases [in Russian], Mashgiz, Moscow (1960).Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Lomakin, Centrifugal and Axial Pumps [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow and Leningrad (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.I. V. Brusilovskii, V. G. Bedim, and Yu. A. Pichkov, “Axial fans with static efficiency greater than 0.8,” in: Industrial Aerodynamics, Mashinostroenie, Moscow, Issue 28, 139–181 (1966).Google Scholar
- 7.B. N. Zotov and Yu. F. Il’ichev, “Effects of reverse flows on the characteristics of bladed pumps, ” Vestnik Mashinostroeniya, No. 1 (1978).Google Scholar
- 8.Khing Maung Ei and S. Kozlov, “Calculating the characteristics of an axial pump with an inlet guide,” Nasosy&Oborudovanie, No. 2 (31)-3 (32), 58–63 (1995).Google Scholar
- 9.S. S. Rudnev, “Working process principles for vortex pumps,” Trudy VNIIGIDROMASh, Issue 43, 3–9 (1972).Google Scholar
- 10.B. N. Zotov, “On vortex hydraulic machines,” in: Trudy VNIIGIDROMASh: The Design of New High-Efficiency Pumps [in Russian], Moscow, (1983), pp. 26–38.Google Scholar
- 11.B. N. Zotov, “Calculating the characteristics of labyrinth-type pumps,” in: Trudy VNIIGIDROMASh: Pumps for Intensifying Industrial Processes [in Russian], Moscow, (1988), pp. 83–92.Google Scholar
- 12.V. V. Belov, “Condensate pumps for nuclear power stations containing VVR 1000 reactors,” in: Proceedings of the 11th International Conference GERVIKON-2005, in 3 Volumes, Vol. 1, Sumy (2006), pp. 154–168.Google Scholar