Choosing the parameters of a spiral impeller with maximal cavitation performance
- 35 Downloads
A method is proposed for selecting the best values for the geometrical and working parameters of a spiral impeller with constant pitch, which gives the maximal cavitation performance in pumps in which it is used either as a preliminary pumping facility (centrifugal pump) or the inlet section of an axidiagonal pump.
KeywordsCavitation Centrifugal Pump Flow Angle Constant Pitch Inlet Part
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sh. I. Rakhmatullin et al., “Raising the throughput of an existing major oil pipeline by improving the intake capacity of an NM 7000-210 centrifugal pump,” Transp. Khran. Neft. Nefteprod., No. 4, 15–19 (1973).Google Scholar
- 2.L. G. Kolpakov and Sh. I. Rakhmatullin, Cavitation in Centrifugal Pumps in Handling Oils and Oil Products [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1980).Google Scholar
- 3.N. P. Stochek and A. S. Shapiro, Hydraulics of Liquid Rocket Motors [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar
- 4.A. S. Shapiro, The Actual Flow Structure in Centrifugal and Axial Pumps [in Russian], MGIU, Moscow (2004).Google Scholar
- 5.V. F. Chebaevskii and V. I. Petrov, Cavitation Characteristics of High-Speed Spiral Centrifugal Pumps [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1973).Google Scholar
- 6.S. S. Rudnev, S. S. Panaiotti, and A. L. Naimushin, “Calculating the intake capacity of an axial rotor for a blade pump,” in: Trudy VNIIGIDROMASh: Research and Development in Hydraulic Machines [in Russian] (1980), pp. 3–20.Google Scholar
- 7.I. V. Shcherbatenko, “Cavitation calculations on spiral centrifugal pumps,” Énergomashinostr., No. 10, 12–15 (1983).Google Scholar
- 8.L. G. Kolpakov, Centrifugal Pumps for Major Oil Pipelines [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1985).Google Scholar
- 9.I. V. Shcherbatenko and V. P. Khankin, “Effects of input edge radius in spiral blades on the critical cavitation margin in a pump,” Khim. Neft. Mashinostr., No. 3, 15–17 (1982).Google Scholar
- 10.L. Stripling and A. Acosta, “Cavitation in blade pumps” [Russian translation], Tekh. Mekh., No. 3, 29–56 (1962).Google Scholar
- 11.S. G. Valyukhov et al., High-Speed Bladed Axidiagonal Pumps [in Russian], Izd. VGU, Voronezh (1996).Google Scholar