Factors Influencing Micro Sweep Efficiency When Flooding a Formation with Viscoelastic Polymer Solutions
A mathematical model is proposed for polymer solution flow in dead-end pores, which was studied using micro-seepage of polymer solutions as an example. The mathematical model, including a continuity equation, a momentum conservation equation, and an equation of state, was solved by the finite difference method. The stream function and velocity contours were determined. The micro sweep efficiency when flooding the formation was calculated based on the velocity contour. The influence of elasticity, flow velocity, and viscosity of the polymer solution on the micro sweep efficiency was evaluated. It is demonstrated that the viscosity and the injection rate have a lesser effect on micro sweep efficiency than the elasticity of the polymer solution.
Key wordsviscoelastic polymer solution flooding sweep efficiency velocity contour polymer flooding
This work was done with the financial support of the Science Foundation for Young Scientists of Northeast Petroleum University of China (grant number NEPUQN 2014-29).
- 1.P. Corlay and E. Delamaide, Journal of Petroleum Technology, No. 3, 198-199 (1996).Google Scholar
- 2.G. J. Wang, O. Y. Jian, and X. L. Yi, Chemistry and Technology of Fuels and Oils, No. 4, 263-267 (2011).Google Scholar
- 3.R. S. Seright, SPE Reservoir Evaluation & Engineering, No. 4, 730-740 (2010).Google Scholar
- 4.J. W. Zhang, Petrochemical Industry of Inner Mongolia, No. 3, 28-30 (2013).Google Scholar
- 5.T. S. Urbissinova, J. J. Trivedi, and E. Kuru, Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology, No. 12, 49-56 (2010).Google Scholar
- 6.T. Clemens, K. Tsikouris, M. Buchgraber et al., in: SPE Improved Oil Recovery Symposium, 14-18 April 2012, Tulsa USA (2012); SPE 154169.Google Scholar
- 7.H. F. Xia, D. M. Wang, Z. C. Liu et al., Acta Petrolei Sinica, No. 4, 60-65 (2001).Google Scholar
- 8.X. A. Yue, L. J. Zhang, Z. C. Liu et al., Petroleum Geology and Recovery Efficiency, No. 3, 4-6 (2002).Google Scholar
- 9.H. J. Yin, D. M. Wang, H. Y. Zhong et al., in: SPE EOR Conference at Oil and Gas West Asia, 16-18 April 2012, Muscat, Oman (2012); SPE 154640.Google Scholar
- 10.H. Y. Zhong, Z. Tian, and H. J. Yin, Chemistry and Technology of Fuels and Oils, No. 5, 393-402 (2012).Google Scholar
- 11.H. Y. Zhong and H. J. Yin, in: International Conference on Energy and Environment Technology, 16-18 October 2009, Guilin, China, IEEE Computer Society (2009); pp. 427-430.Google Scholar