Information Support System for Patients with Gestational Diabetes Mellitus
- 26 Downloads
We describe here the development of a telemedical system for monitoring diabetes mellitus and providing information to support patients with gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM). Recommendations for preventing postpran-dial glycemia were developed using prognostic models based on experimental data obtained from individual electronic diaries. During testing of a series of models for patients with GDM, the best results were obtained by regression modeling using rules with added instance-based corrections.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Karpel’ev, V. A., Filippov, Yu. I., Tarasov, Yu. V., et al., “Mathematical modeling of a glycemia regulation system in patients with diabetes mellitus,” Vestn. Ross. Akad. Med. Nauk., 70, No. 5, 549-560 (2015).Google Scholar
- 2.Cescon, M., Modeling and Prediction in Diabetes Physiology, Department of Automatic Control, Lund Institute of Technology, Lund University (2013), p. 215.Google Scholar
- 3.Poulsen, J. U., DIAdvisor. Personal Glucose Predictive Diabetes Advisor. Final Publishable Summary Report, European Commission (2012), p. 39.Google Scholar
- 4.Ignell, C., Gestational Diabetes Mellitus – Prevalence in Southern Sweden and Risk Factors for Subsequent Diabetes, Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, (2015), p. 73.Google Scholar
- 5.Pustozerov, E. A. and Yuldashev, Z. M., “A method and system for information support for patients with diabetes mellitus,” Biomed. Radioelektronika, No. 11, 16-20 (2013).Google Scholar
- 6.Pustozerov, E. A. and Yuldashev, Z. M., “Remote monitoring of the status of patients with diabetes mellitus,” Med. Tekhnika, No. 2, 15-18 (2014).Google Scholar
- 7.Quinlan, J. R., “Combining instance-based and model-based learning,” in: Proceedings of the Tenth International Conference on Machine Learning (1993), pp. 236-243.Google Scholar
- 8.Pustozerov, E. A., Popova, P. V., Tkachuk, A. S., Bolotko, Ya. A., and Gerasimov, A. S., “Use of an app with an observational diary in the clinical practice of the treatment of gestational diabetes mellitus,” Prob. Endokrinol., 62, No. 5, 32-33 (2016).Google Scholar