Selection of Flow-Diverter Stent Models Using Optical Coherence Tomography and Mathematical Modeling of Hemodynamics
We describe a method for increasing the effectiveness of surgery to position flow-diverter stents into cerebral arteries with aneurysms based on the combined use of mathematical modeling of hemodynamics and compression elastography. Approaches to determining Young's modulus and the Poisson's ratio for phantom of cerebral artery walls on the basis of endoscopic optical coherence tomography data were developed and tested. The applicability of this method was verified using a model of internal carotid artery aneurysm using a mathematical hemodynamic model taking into account the mechanical properties of the cerebral artery wall.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhou, G., Su, M., Yin, Y. L., et al., “Complications associated with the use of flow-diverting devices for cerebral aneurysms: A systematic review and meta-analysis,” Neurosurg. Focus, 42, No. 6, E17 (2017).Google Scholar
- 2.Frolov, S. V., Sindeev, S. V., Potlov, A. Yu., and Liepsch, D., “Numerical modeling of the effects of a flow-diverting stent on the hemodynamic characteristics in cerebral aneurysms,” Med. Tekhnika, No. 6, 1-3 (2016).Google Scholar
- 3.Janiga, G., Darуczy, L., Berg, P., et al., “An automatic CFD-based flow diverter optimization principle for patient-specific intracranial aneurysms,” J. Biomed. Eng., 48, No. 14, 3846-3852 (2015).Google Scholar
- 4.Xu, L., Sugawara, M., Tanaka, G., et al., “Effect of elasticity on wall shear stress inside cerebral aneurysm at anterior cerebral artery,” Technol. Health Care, 24. No. 3, 349-357 (2016).Google Scholar
- 9.Balasso, A., Bauer, J. S., Liebig, T., et al., “Evaluation of intra-aneurysmal hemodynamics after flow diverter placement in a patient-specific aneurysm model,” Biorheology, 51, No. 6, 341-354 (2014).Google Scholar
- 10.Frolov, S. V., Sindeev, S. V., and Potlov, A. Yu., “Method for stent model selection for stenting of cerebral arteries with aneurysm,” Utility decision for Russian Federation patent MPK A61B 17/00 (01); No. 2015145079, applied October 20, 2015; published April 25, 2017; Byull. No. 12 (2006).Google Scholar
- 11.Frolov, S. V., Sindeev, S. V., and Potlov, A. Yu., “Method for flow-directing stent selection,” Utility Decision for Russian Federation Patent MPK A61B 6/00 (2006.01); No. 2016112096, applied March 30, 2016; published October 05, 2017; Byull. No. 28.Google Scholar