In Vitro Model for Studying of the Role of IGFBP6 Gene in Breast Cancer Metastasizing
IGFBP6 gene plays an important role in the pathogenesis of breast cancer. In this work, we performed knockdown of IGFBP6 gene in MDA-MB-231 cells and obtained a stable cell line. Knockdown of IGFBP6 gene was confirmed by the real-time PCR. The influence of IGFBP6 gene on migration and proliferation of breast cancer cells was studied. Knockdown of IGFBP6 gene reduced migration activity of MDA-MB-231 cells and increased their proliferation rate. This in vitro cell model can be used for the further analysis of the role of IGFBP6 gene in the pathogenesis of breast cancer.
Key WordsIGFBP6 MDA-MB-231 breast cancer metastasis spreading in vitro model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bach LA. Current ideas on the biology of IGFBP-6: More than an IGF-II inhibitor? Growth Horm. IGF Res. 2016;30-31):81-86.Google Scholar
- 4.Galatenko VV, Shkurnikov MY, Samatov TR, Galatenko AV, Mityakina IA, Kaprin AD, Schumacher U, Tonevitsky AG. Highly informative marker sets consisting of genes with low individual degree of differential expression. Sci. Rep. 2015; 5. ID 14967. doi: https://doi.org/10.1038/srep14967.
- 5.Koike H, Ito K, Takezawa Y, Oyama T, Yamanaka H, Suzuki K. Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-6 inhibits prostate cancer cell proliferation: implication for anticancer effect of diethylstilbestrol in hormone refractory prostate cancer. Br. J. Cancer. 2005; 92(8):1538-1544.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 11.Schwankhaus N, Gathmann C, Wicklein D, Riecken K, Schumacher U, Valentiner U. Cell adhesion molecules in metastatic neuroblastoma models. Clin. Exp. Metastasis; 31(4):483-496.Google Scholar
- 15.Zhu W, Shiojima I, Ito Y, Li Z, Ikeda H, Yoshida M, Naito A.T, Nishi J, Ueno H, Umezawa A, Minamino T, Nagai T, Kikuchi A, Asashima M, Komuro I. IGFBP-4 is an inhibitor of canonical Wnt signalling required for cardiogenesis. Nature. 2008; 454:345-349.Google Scholar