Matrix Metalloproteinases MMP-1 and MMP-9 and Their Inhibitor TIMP-1 as Markers of Dilated Cardiomyopathy in Patients of Different Age
- 21 Downloads
We studied the expression of MMP-2, MMP-9, and inhibitor TIMP-1 in myocardial autopsy samples from subjects of different age and in cardiomyocyte cultures in the norm and in dilated cardiomyopathy. In autopsy samples of normal myocardium and in cardiomyocyte cultures, expression of molecules involved in extracellular matrix remodeling did not change during aging. In dilation cardiomyopathy, expression of MMP-2, MMP-9, and TIMP-1 and their ratios in autopsy material and in cultures was elevated by 1.5-9 times. Remodeling of extracellular matrix plays an important role in the pathogenesis of dilated cardiomyopathy. MMP-2, MMP-9, and their inhibitor TIMP-1 and the MMP/TIMP ratios can be regarded as promising predictors of dilated cardiomyopathy and used for evaluation of the effectiveness of treatment of this conditions in patients of different ages.
Key WordsMMP-2 MMP-9 TIMP-1 dilated cardiomyopathy aging
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gurevich MA, Arkhipova LV. Principles of therapy of chronic heart failure in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy. Bol. Serdtsa Sosudov. 2011;6(1):37-40. Russian.Google Scholar
- 2.Tereshchenko SN, Alaeva EN, Narusov OYu, Kochetov AG, Skvortsov AA. Diagnosis and treatment of dilated cardiomyopathy in common clinical practice (Primary data of the Russian register of dilated cardiomyopathy). Kardiol. Vestn. 2014;9(2):54-61. Russian.Google Scholar
- 8.Lubos E, Schnabel R, Rupprecht HJ, Bickel C, Messow CM, Prigge S, Cambien F, Tiret L, Münzel T, Blankenberg S. Prognostic value of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 for cardiovascular death among patients with cardiovascular disease: results from the atherogene study. Eur. Heart J. 2006;27(2):150-156.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 10.Nepomnyashchikh LM, Lushnikova EL, Bakarev MA, Nikityuk DB, Yuzhik EI, Mzhelskaya MM, Nepomnyashchikh RD, Klinnikova MG, Karpova AA. Immunohistochemical analysis of MMP-2 expression in the myocardium during the postinfarction period. Bull. Exp. Biol. Med. 2015;159(4):505-510.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 13.Rutschow S, Leschka S, Westermann D, Puhl K, Weitz A, Ladyszenskij L, Jaeger S, Zeichhardt H, Noutsias M, Schultheiss HP, Tschope C, Pauschinger M. Left ventricular enlargement in coxsackievirus-B3 induced chronic myocarditis-ongoing inflammation and an imbalance of the matrix degrading system. Eur. J. Pharmacol. 2010;630(1-3):145-151.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar