Pumping Function of Heart Ventricles in Different Mammalian Species under Conditions of Electrical Cardiostimulation
- 22 Downloads
Pumping function of the heart ventricles under conditions of electrical stimulation was examined in adult dogs and rabbits. Pacing induced different changes in intracardiac hemodynamics manifested in impairment of pumping function of the right ventricle, which is largely determined by the functional state of the left ventricle. Initially high HR in rabbits more deeply limited functional reserve of the myocardium in response to electrical stimulus and was accompanied by more pronounced disturbances of pumping function of both ventricles.
Key Wordselectrical cardiostimulation heart ventricles pumping function dog rabbit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Akhmetzyanova SV, Kibler NA, Nuzhny VP, Arteeva NV, Shmakov DN. Effects of antiorthostatic hypokinesia on the sequence of the myocardial depolarization and repolarization of ventricles and hemodynamic indices of the heart in dog. Izv. Komi Nauch. Tsentra Ural. Nauch. Tsentra Ross. Akad. Nauk. 2014;(1):43-50. Russian.Google Scholar
- 3.Nuzhny VP, Kibler NA, Tsvetkova AS, Shmakov DN, Nuzhny PV, Panyko SV. The combined analysis of the interaction of electrocardiostimulating system and the heart. Izv. Komi Nauch. Tsentra Ural. Nauch. Tsentra Ross. Akad. Nauk. 2011;(2):45-52. Russian.Google Scholar
- 6.Bordachar P, Garrigue S, Lafitte S, Reuter S, Jaïs P, Haïssaguerre M, Clementy J. Interventricular and intra-left ventricular electromechanical delays in right ventricular paced patients with heart failure: implications for upgrading to biventricular stimulation. Heart. 2003;89(12):1401-1405.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 12.Roshchevsky MP, Shmakov DN. Excitation of the heart. Moscow, 2003.Google Scholar
- 15.Yin D, Hsieh YC, Tsai WC, Wu AZ, Jiang Z, Chan YH, Xu D, Yang N, Shen C, Chen Z, Lin SF, Chen PS, Everett TH 4th. Role of apamin-sensitive calcium-activated small-conductance potassium currents on the mechanisms of ventricular fibrillation in pacing-induced failing rabbit hearts. Circ. Arrhythm. Electrophysiol. 2017;10(2):e004434. doi: https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCEP.116.004434.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar