Immunohistochemical Features of O6-Methylguanine-DNA Methyltransferase Expression during Ovarian Endometriosis
- 16 Downloads
A comparative immunohistochemical study for the expression of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) was performed in tissues of the eutopic endometrium and ovarian endometriosis. The highest level of MGMT expression in eutopic endometrial tissue was observed in epitheliocyte nuclei during the proliferative phase. In regions of endometriosis the expression of MGMT in epitheliocyte nuclei was shown to increase during stages I and II, but decreased in stages III and IV. The progression of endometriosis was accompanied by a gradual increase of study parameters in the nuclei and cytoplasm of stromal cells. These changes reflect the impairment of DNA reparation, which probably serves as a stage in the development and progression of endometriosis.
Key Wordsendometrium endometriosis ovary immunohistochemistry O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Adamyan LV, Kulakov VI, Andreeva EN. Endometriosis. Guideline for Physicians. Moscow, 2006. Russian.Google Scholar
- 2.Kogan YA, Askolskaya SI, Sagindykova RR, Fayzullina NM, Asaturova AV, Unanjan AL. Impaired expression of the proteins MGMT and ezrin in endometrial hyperplasia, endometrial intraepithelial neoplasia, and low-grade endometrioid adenocarcinoma in perimenopausal women. Akush. Gin. 2015(2):44-48. Russian.Google Scholar
- 3.Shchegolev AI, Bykov AG, Tumanova UN, Pavlovich SV. Endometriosis and the development of tumors. Akush. Gin. 2016(11):49-56. Russian.Google Scholar
- 5.Brell M, Tortosa A, Verger E, Gil JM, Viñolas N, Villá S, Acebes JJ, Caral L, Pujol T, Ferrer I, Ribalta T, Graus F. Prognostic significance of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase determined by promoter hypermethylation and immunohistochemical expression in anaplastic gliomas. Clin. Cancer Res. 2005;11(14):5167-5174.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 6.De Vita VT, Hellman S, Rosenberg S. Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology. Philadelphia, 2005. P. 408-409.Google Scholar
- 8.Kuester D, El-Rifai W, Peng D, Ruemmele P, Kroeckel I, Peters B, Moskaluk CA, Stolte M, Mönkemüller K, Meyer F, Schulz HU, Hartmann A, Roessner A, Schneider-Stock R. Silencing of MGMT expression by promoter hypermethylation in the metaplasia-dysplasia-carcinoma sequence of Barrett’s esophagus. Cancer Lett. 2009;275(1):117-126.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 12.Preuss I, Haas S, Eichhorn U, Eberhagen I, Kaufmann M, Beck T, Eibl RH, Dall P, Bauknecht T, Hengstler J, Wittig BM, Dippold W, Kaina B. Activity of the DNA repair protein O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase in human tumor and corresponding normal tissue. Cancer Detect. Prev. 1996;20(2):130-136.PubMedGoogle Scholar