Signal Mechanism of the Protective Effect of Combined Preconditioning by Amtizole and Moderate Hypoxia
The content of regulatory proteins involved in adaptation to hypoxia and ischemia was studied in brain rat homogenate under conditions of normoxia and after bilateral ligation of the common carotid arteries. Preconditioning with amtizole in combination with moderate hypoxia increased the levels of HIF-1α, erythropoietin, vascular endothelial growth factor under conditions of normoxia. During experimental ischemia, combined preconditioning led to stabilization of the content of these regulatory proteins at the level of intact control and to a decrease in glycogen synthase-3β kinase activity. This pattern of changes in regulatory proteins was noted during the early and late periods of preconditioning.
Key Wordspreconditioning HIF-1α erythropoietin vascular endothelial growth factor glycogen synthase-3β kinase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Grebenchikov OA, Likhvantsev VV, Plotnikov EYu, Silachev DN, Pevzner IB, Zorova LD, Zorov DB. Molecular mechanisms of ischemic-reperfusion syndrome and its therapy. Anesteziol. Reanimatol. 2014;59(3):59-67. Russian.Google Scholar
- 3.Levina AA, Makeshova AB, Mamukova YuI, Romanova EA, Sergeeva AI, Kazyukova TV. Regulation of oxygen homeostasis. Hypoxia-induced factor (HIF) and its role in oxygen homeostasis. Pediatria. 2009;87(4):92-97. Russian.Google Scholar
- 5.Levchenkova OS, Novikov VE, Kulagin KN, Ponamareva NS. Influence of Combined Pharmacological and Hypoxic Preconditioning on Animal Survival and Functional Activity of CNS during Model Cerebral Ischemia. Eksp. Klin. Farmakol. 2016;79(6):3-8. Russian.Google Scholar
- 7.Lukyanova LD, Kirova IuI, Sukoyan GV. Novel approaches to the understanding of signaling mechanisms of adaptation to hypoxia and its role in the systemic regulation of the body. Patogenez. 2011;9(3):4-14. Russian.Google Scholar
- 8.Novikov VE, Levchenkova OS. The effect of amtizole on the body resistance to acute hypoxia at the late period of preconditioning. Nauch. Vedomosti Belgorod. Gos. Univer. Ser.: Meditsina. Farmatsiya. 2012;20(22):130-134. Russian.Google Scholar
- 10.Pozhilova EV, Novikov VE. Physiological and pathological value of cellular synthase of nitrogen oxide and endogenous nitrogen oxide. Vestn. Smolensk. Gos. Med. Akad. 2015;14(4):35-41. Russian.Google Scholar
- 11.Shcherbak NS, Galagudza MM, Shlyakhto EV. The role of hypoxia-induced factor-1 (HIF-1) in cytoprotection effect in ischemic and pharmacologic postconditioning. Ross. Kardiol. Zh. 2014(11):70-75. Russian.Google Scholar