Effect of Polypeptides on Cell Proliferation and Apoptosis during Aging
- 71 Downloads
Polypeptide complexes derived from the bronchi, blood vessels, muscles, kidneys, ovaries, testes, and retina stimulated the processes of cell renewal in organotypic cultures of the corresponding organs of young and old animals. A correlation between the intensity of regeneration and animal’ age was revealed. The polypeptide complexes reduced the expression of apoptotic factors p53 and caspase 3 and increased the expression of proliferation protein Ki-67. These results provide the basis for further study of the polypeptide complexes as stimulators of regenerative processes in different tissues during ageing.
Key Wordspolypeptide complex organotypic culture immunocitochemistry aging
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Nazarenko AB, Sokolov MA. Patent RF No. 2445106. Pharmaceutical Composition for Treating Central and Peripheral Nervous System Disorders of Cardiovascular, Traumatic, Toxic, Hypoxic and Autoimmune Genesis. Bull. No. 8. Published March 20, 2012.Google Scholar
- 3.Morozov VG, Khavinson VKh, Sidorova ND, Konstantinov VL, Chajka OV. Patent RF No. 1077089. Method of Obtaining Agent Possessing Immunostimulating Action. Bull. No. 1. Published 10.01.1995. Russian.Google Scholar
- 4.Ryzhak AP, Kuznik BI, Rutkovskaya VN, Ryzhak GA. Peptide geroprotector antiatherosclerotic effects. Uspekhi Gerontol. 2012;25(1):139-142. Russian.Google Scholar
- 5.Ryzhak AP, Kuznik BI, Rutkovskaya VN, Ryzhak GA, Titkov YuS. The natural peptide geroprotector antiarhythmic action. Uspekhi Gerontol. 2012;25(2):356-359. Russian Google Scholar
- 7.Khavinson VKh, Linkova NS, Pronyaeva VE, Chalisova NI, Koncevaya EA, Polyakova VO, Kvetnaya TV, Kvetnoy IM, Yakovlev GM. A method of creation a cell monolayer based on organotypic culture for screening of physiologically active substances. Bull. Exp. Biol. Med. 2012;153(5):795-799.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 11.Komarova YA, Saqib U, Vogel SM, Malik AB. Peptide Compositions and Methods for Treating Lung Injury, Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Angioedema, Systemic Vascular Permeability Syndromes, and Nasal Congestion. Patent US WO2012174028 A2, Published December 20, 2012.Google Scholar
- 13.Melucci E, Cosimelli M, Carpanese L, Pizzi G, Izzo F, Fiore F, Golfieri R, Giampalma E, Sperduti I, Ercolani C, Sciuto R, Mancini R, Garufi C, Diodoro MG, Mottolese M; Italian Society of Locoregional Therapies in Oncology (S.I.T.I.L.O.). Decrease of survivin, p53 and Bcl-2 expression in chemorefractory colorectal liver metastases may be predictive of radiosensivity radiosensivity after radioembolization with yttrium-90 resin microspheres. J. Exp. Clin. Cancer Res. 2013;32:13. doi: 10.1186/1756-9966-32-13.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 17.Wolf E, Milazzo S, Boehm K, Zwahlen M, Horneber M. Thymic peptides for treatment of cancer patients. Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 2011;(2):CD003993. doi: 10.1002/14651858. CD003993.pub3.