Conditions for Collection of Placental Tissue Samples for Culturing of Multipotent Mesenchymal Stromal Cells
- 57 Downloads
Placentas from women aged 25-32 years with normal course of gestation were studied. It is essential to stick to certain methodological approaches for preparing viable multipotent mesenchymal stromal cell culture and to carry out morphological (macro and micro) evaluation of the chorionic villi, umbilical cords, and placentas. At stage I of the study, patients’ histories, labor course, and examinations of the newborns should be analyzed to exclude women with genital and extragenital diseases. At stage II, it is essential to stick to special regulations and methods for collection of specimens of the cord, amnion, and placental tissue proper. Histological control of the placental structures collected for multipotent mesenchymal stromal cell culturing is obligatory.
Key Wordsamnion cell culturing multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells placenta umbilical cord
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Nizyaeva NV, Volkova YS, Mullabaeva SM, Shchegolev AI. The methodical bases for placental tissue examination and the optimization of material pre-preparation regimens. Akush. Gin. 2014;(8):10-18. Russian.Google Scholar
- 4.Shchegolev AI, Dubova EA, Pavlov KA. Placenta Morphology. Moscow, 2010. Russian.Google Scholar
- 5.Benirschke K, Burton GJ, Baergen RN. Pathology of the Human Placenta. 6th ed. New York, 2012.Google Scholar
- 9.Male V, Gardner L, Moffett A. Isolation of cells from the feto-maternal interface. Curr. Protoc. Immunol. 2012. Chapter 7:Unit 7.40.1-11. doi: 10.1002/0471142735.im0740s97.
- 10.Mathews S, Lakshmi Rao K, Suma Prasad K, Kanakavalli MK, Govardhana Reddy A, Avinash Raj T, Thangaraj K, Pande G. Propagation of pure fetal and maternal mesenchymal stromal cells from terminal chorionic villi of human term placenta. Sci. Rep. 2015;5:10054. doi: 10.1038/srep10054.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar