Pharmacological Analysis of the Therapeutic Effect of Radioprotectors Cystamine and Indralin in the Capacity of Radiomitigators
- 30 Downloads
The therapeutic radiomitigating effect of cystamine and indralin was studied in experiments on mice and rats and pharmacological analysis of these drugs was carried out. The animals were subjected to whole-body 60Co γ-irradiation. The mice were exposed to single (9-10 Gy) or double (8 Gy) irradiation with an interval of 1 month. The rats were exposed to 10 Gy with partial shielding of the upper quarter of the abdomen. In experiments on mice, pretreatment with reserpine abolished the therapeutic effect of cystamine administered repeatedly every 15 min over 1 h after irradiation. Moreover, summation of the radioprotective and therapeutic effects of the radioprotector was revealed under these conditions. In mice and rats, α1-adrenoreceptor blocker terazosin did not abolish the therapeutic effect of indralin administrated after irradiation, but blocked the radioprotective effect of indralin applied prior to irradiation. At the same time, 5-HT2 serotonin receptor blocker tropoxin abolished the therapeutic effect of indralin without affecting its radioprotective activity.
Key Wordsindralin cystamine shielding tropoxin terazosin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Vasin MV. Classification of radioprotective agents: current state and prospects of development of radiation pharmacology. Radiats. Biol. Radioekol. 2013;53(5):459-467. Russian.Google Scholar
- 2.Vasin MV, Ushakov IB, Kovtun VYu, Komarova SN, Semenova LA, Galkin AA, Afanas’ev RV. Antiradiation properties of emergency action radioprotector indralin applied after irradiation with partial shielding of the abdomen in rats. Radiats. Biol. Radioekol. 2008;48(2):199-202. Russian.Google Scholar
- 3.Vasin MV, Ushakov IB, Kovtun VYu, Komarova SN, Semenova LA, Koroleva LV, Galkin AA, Afanas’ev RV. Characteristics of radioprotective properties of the radioprotector B-190 applied after irradiation. Radiats. Biol. Radioekol. 2008;48(6):730-733. Russian.Google Scholar
- 4.Vasin MV, Ushakov IB, Semenova LA, Kovtun VYu. On pharmacological analysis of radioprotective effect of indraline. adiats. Biol. Radioekol. 2001;41(3):307-309. Russian.Google Scholar
- 5.Il’in LA, Rudnyi NM, Suvorov NN, Chernov GA, Antipov VV, Vasin MV, Davydov BI, Mikhailov PP. Indralin as an emergency action radioprotector. Antiradiation properties, pharmacology, mechanism of action, clinical manifestations. Moscow, 1994. Russian.Google Scholar
- 6.Kolesnichenko IS, Mikhailov LS, Boyarinov AS, Grishin AV. Preventive and therapeutic antiradiation schemes in working dogs. Veterinariya. 2005;(12):52-53. Russian.Google Scholar
- 10.Yang M, Li K, Ng PC, Chuen CK, Lau TK, Cheng YS, Liu YS, Li CK, Yuen PM, James AE, Lee SM, Fok TF. Promoting effects of serotonin on hematopoiesis: ex vivo expansion of cord blood CD34+ stem/progenitor cells, proliferation of bone marrow stromal cells, and antiapoptosis. Stem Cells. 2007;25(7):1800-1806.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar