Formation of the Radiation Conditions by the Nuclear Reactor of a Power Facility with Direct Energy Conversion
- 25 Downloads
Computational and design studies of the arrangement of an autonomous power unit with a nuclear reaction in a sparsely populated location characterized by weak soil are presented. A variant of a possible arrangement of the reactor taking account of the requirements of the facility is shown. The radioactive emission around the reactor and the distribution of heat emission in the soil, for picking and determining the number of cooling elements, are calculated. A technical solution that provides for the installation of a nuclear reactor in soft ground is proposed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.MCNP – а General Monte Carlo N-Particle Transport Code, LA-12625-M, Vers. 4B (1997).Google Scholar
- 2.ENDF/B VI Data for MCNP™, LA-12891 (1994).Google Scholar
- 3.S. V. Chernov, A. V. Son’ko, and V. A. Khoromsky, “Calculation of radiation fields by iterations of ‘weighting windows’ in the project ASMM 10/100 kW,” in: Radiation Protection and Radiation Safety in Nuclear Technologies: 10th Anniv. Russ. Sci. Conf., Obninsk, TsIPK Rosatom (2015), pp. 9–10.Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Ananiev, I. A. Komarov, J. D. Beck, and V. S. Isaev, “Problems of thermal stabilization of the soil bases of engineering structures,” in: 5th Conf. Geocryologists of Russia, Universitetskaya Kniga, Moscow (2016), Vol. 1, pp. 266–279.Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Anan’ev, “Modeling of two-phase thermo-siphon,” ibid., pp. 241–245.Google Scholar