Decommissioning of Research Building B at VNIINM: Main Results
- 1 Downloads
Research building B at the Bochvar High-Technology Research Institute for Inorganic Materials (VNIINM) located within the city limits of a dense residential development was decommissioned in 2013–2015. Radioactively contaminated equipment and utility services were disassembled and removed, building structures were decontaminated, the framework was dismantled, the grounds of the development site were restored, and radioactive waste was transferred to specialized organizations. The framework was liquidated in strict accord with the norms and regulations governing the use of atomic energy.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. S. Bazhanov, S. V. Belousov, E. Zh. Grishin, et al., “Experience in conducting complex engineering and radiation surveys of the buildings and grounds at Bochvar VNIINM,” Bezopasn. Okruz. Sredy, No. 3, 90–92 (2012).Google Scholar
- 2.A. Yu. Kuznetsov, S. V. Belousov, S. Kk. Savin, et al., “Investigation of precipitation and deposits in utility systems of building B at VNIINM,” At. Energ., 120, No. 3, 162–164 (2016).Google Scholar
- 3.E. Yu. Antsiferova, A. Yu. Kuznetsov, and N. V. Kochergina, “Assessment of the subterranean impact of the research building B at VNIINM during decommissioning,” ibid., 159–161.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Yu. Kuznetsov, M. V. Radchenko, S. K. Savin, et al., “Project on decommissioning of a research building at VNIINM,” Bezopasn. Okruz. Sredy, No. 3, 74–77 (2011).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Yu. Kuznetsov, M. E. Azov, E. Yu. Antsiferova, et al., “Work of the initial stage of the decommissioning of the research building B at VNIINM,” Yad. Rad. Bezopasn. Rossii, No. 17, 73–84 (2014).Google Scholar
- 6.Basic Sanitary Regulations for Radiation Safety (OSPORB 99/2010). Sanitary Regulations and Norms, Moscow (2010).Google Scholar